Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Flashlights to deer stand >

Flashlights to deer stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Flashlights to deer stand

Old 07-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Flashlights to deer stand

Thanks davidw. That is what I wanted to hear. I can't see spending lots. My son has wanted one of the small ones like you are talking about but I didn't know if they were worth the money. Guess we will be checking out Wally world before the season starts.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:17 AM

Anybody got any suggestions about those small LED lights? Not some of the $50 ones

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/17594/9

or this?

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...26&storeId=226

I personally like the second one better. It runs on standard batteries and is cheaper.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, that was a close call. The kind that would shake you up good. Glad everything worked out though.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:13 AM

That boy took years off of my life for he scared the hell out of me. So every one else it's better to run some kind of a light.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:48 AM

I always use a light walking in and out. Aside from the safety factor, I think that if the deer can see the light, he can see you. With the light, I can go in more quietly and avoid any brush while walking leaving less scent also. The thing I do with the light is I "cup" the end with my hand and ONLY point it straight down on my feet so there is only a thin stream of light.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:01 AM

I do my best impression of a Light House when I walk to my stand in some woods. Can't kill a deer If your dead first
Old 07-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

The guy was in your stand on your property? I would have had him arrested for Tresspassing. Then I would have consulted with his parents about what he was about to do. If I didn't strangle him first.

Ditto!

I use a light most times, but not always.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

thats one of the things they teach you in the hunter saftly courses. i never took the bow hunter saftey course bu they said always to carry a flash light in and out of teh woods, if not for your own sight but to alert other hunters that you are NOT a deer! i think it was probabaly the single best advice i have ever taken out of a safty course. especially after hearing this story... damn
Old 07-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW close call - good shock value in that story!!!
I'll have my light on this year for sure!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always use mine....a 2 AA cell Maglite. I usually hunt deep in big woods, and getting there usually doesn't involve a road or easy passage. The light is a must in my case, but I feel for you guys that have been 'drawn on'....my heart starting pumping hard when I read it....can't imagine what it felt like to be the target![&:]

Quick Reply: Flashlights to deer stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.