Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who shoots a Darton? >

Who shoots a Darton?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who shoots a Darton?

Old 07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who shoots a Darton?

I shoot a Darton Yukon, and i love this bow. It seems this brand name is never mentioned, so who here is a darton lover? LOL
Old 07-22-2004, 02:19 PM

Default RE: Who shoots a Darton?

I just bought a Darton Maverick this past week. So far I love it; it's very light, very fast, and was about $170 less than the Mathews and Bowtech bows I was looking at (it shot better for me than anything else I shot). What was funny was that both Darton dealers I went to also sold Hoyt, PSE, and Bowtech. The shop owners shot Darton in both stores, and neither pushed me towards the more expensive brands even though I came in looking at those bows. The way I look at it, I got the whole set-up with the Darton for what the other bows would cost bare.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:11 PM

I own a 2000 Yukon with the CPS cams. It's a very nice bow, I however just replaced it with a Bowtech Mighty Might VFT. I Have done all kinds of crazy crap to my darton and it still shoots fine, very well made bow. Two things I don't like about it. I don't care for the grip compared to newer bows, like bowtech or hoyt. It's not bad, but it's a bit wide and thick for my likeing, but I have small hands. And I don't like the fact that the stabilizer hole is just threaded into the risor rather than having an insert. Mine is sort of chewed up from alot of use. They kind of chinsed on that in my opinion.

As far as the way the bow shoots, a set of limb savers, a good stab, and some cheap string silencers and it's as nice as some bows for twice the money. And I do like the CPS cams. The yukon is also a very forgiving bow. It has low reflex, good brace hight, decent axle to axle, level nock travel and a smooth draw. Not exactly a speed demon, but it will shoot every bit what it is rated for.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 07-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Darton Typhoon. I bought a Hoyt X-Tec about three weeks before I shot the new Darton Typhoon. I told the pro to sell my Hoyt X-Tec. I was going to take the new Typhoon home with me.
I shoot the Darton much better than I ever shot the Hoyt. I guess the Darton just fits me & my shooting style better?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Len, his son and I all shoot Darton Mavericks. Unpublicized but a great bow. The Darton CPS Cams, which have been out for several years, are now the Cam and a half that everyone is tooting as a great invention. THey all pay Darton a fee to use the cams. Had mine going on 4 years.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:59 PM

Hi, new here. Have been lurking for a while reading, just joined.
I have shot a Darton Maverick for about four years now. Got it when they first came out. It shoots great, and I love the grip and the way it fits my hand. I don't know a lot about all the different bows, and you don't seem to see or hear much about Darton, but I like mine. It's helped me kill a lot of deer. And like davidmill said several bow companys are using there CPS system now, so they must be doing something right.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:05 PM

After looking at alot of different bows and specs. I bought the Darton Cyclone LD a couple of years ago and I'm completely satisfied. Although I wish Darton had a more extensive dealer network. Probably several years ago they did, but Mathews and Hoyt have really eaten into that. Although, I'm not so sure Darton really cares. I think they must realize that their minimalist approach to advertising isn't going to sell them as many bows as the previously mentioned companies. But since they are more of a small family owned type business maybe they're comfortable selling the amount of bows that they sell.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

mav extreme here allso , will be my first choice this year , merlin max3000 for backup . Both have muzzy rests
Old 07-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

One of my buddies is a staff shooter with Darton and I have the chance to see all the bows they make, he got like 8 or so bows. They are all good quality bows at decent prices, and perform just as good as more advertised companies. He shoots a maverick for hunting and loves it. All in all a quality piece of equipment.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am currently shooting a Darton. I love the CPS system, the speed, smooth draw and the overall "feel" of the bow. I am not saying that Darton is the only bow for me, but I sure Love my Rampage.

Quick Reply: Who shoots a Darton?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.