Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tracking Arrow of the future >

Tracking Arrow of the future

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 07-16-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Tracking Arrow of the future

Here is what is coming.

An arrow of the future that will have a GPS transmitter in it. So that you can find your arrow when you shoot at or hit deer or other game.

Also the very near future holds a GPS transmitter that will hook on the game you shoot and detach from the arrow and then you will be using a GPS.

How much will you pay?
Old 07-16-2004, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Tracking Arrow of the future

$0. Why- that isn't hunting to me. You can wound a deer and still bag it. That's just like poison tipped arrows. People won't want to learn how to shoot a bow and they won't be proficient enough to hunt. Usually I hang back and let others post so I can be on the "right side". Well I'm posting first so I can express my opinion, and only my opinion.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Are you serious Clark?

Damn I know arrows aren't cheep but do we really need to find them that bad![]

People will be taking pop shots a deer just to get the transmitter in the thing....after that it's just a matter of time before you finaly catch up to him, with another shot if need be.[:@][:'(]

I hope they don't come out but I wouldn't be a bit supprized!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:11 PM

Seems like overkill to me. Tracking an animal is part of what makes hunting hunting. Being able to zoom right in on the exact location of the animal you just shot and being able to just walk right up to it seems too easy to me. I wouldn't buy it, and I would try to convince those that I knew not to buy it too.

Keep the sport sporting, if the deer you wound outsmarts you and you lose it, tough luck. Things happen, we've all either wounded a deer or will wound a deer eventually. Some of us recover them, some of us don't, but that's what keeps the sport interesting.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:16 PM

There was a member on here that couldn't use lighted nocks in his state. Someone asked why and they said the laws wouldn't allow any electronic devices. The other person said why wouldn't they let you do that. The member said because people would use gps arrows to track the deer. I do believe the gps arrows have been out already.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

half the time you stick a deer he'll end up breaking the arrow off and leave it on the ground.
I'd prefer a double lung pass through and then your arrow will still be laying on the ground. So it dont sound all the great to me, what about a game tracker even with a pass through you can still find them, that works pretty good for up to about 20 yd shots, works good on pigs where tracking in thick stuff will usually be.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:10 PM

It sure would be great if Mother Nature left some sort of brightly-colored trail when you hit a deer... Red would be nice. And if only we could cook the meat and enjoy it as a meal... over an open fire or some sort of grill.
Man. It's gotta get easier than this if we put our minds to it.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:58 AM

My high tech tracking devise is called a Rocket BuckBlaster.....You watch where the arrow goes and falls....
Old 07-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Already hunted the future - all the deer were cloned, raised in high fences, and released when you arrived.
Didn't like it - see below
Old 07-17-2004, 09:17 AM

i wouldnt care if that junk came out..i wouldnt pay the money for it. all i need is a 75 grain muzzy and a double lung shot and i dont have to use a GPS to recover that deer.

slayer

Quick Reply: Tracking Arrow of the future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.