Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tracking Arrow of the future >

Tracking Arrow of the future

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tracking Arrow of the future

Old 07-20-2004, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Tracking Arrow of the future

Now this is not my invention. But here are some more talking points.

I am just reporting what I have heard and I have ask about.

I not for it or against it more curious than anything of what others think about and and the for or against crowd comments.

Also the technology spin just for the sake of discussion is a little silly.

Compound Bows,
Game Camera,
High Priced Camo Pattens
Climbing Deer Stands
Auto Feeders
Alum, Carbon, Arrows
Digital Cameras
Scent Suits
Scents and Scent away products
This Message board

You can't open a Bass Pro or Cabelas catalog with Tactical to Practical becoming a issue.LOL

Would anyone be against 100% recovery of the animal. What is the difference in buying insurance you pay BIG BUCKS (LOL) and may never use it. Same in this case.

Also have been told about this on another M.B..I believe Wisconsin DNR wardens have hand held blood tracking devices that are absolutly remarkable at finding deer.

Some of the devices have transmitters are about the size of a paper clip. (SO WEIGHT WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM.

Getting it attached to the animal may be as a hook configuration that would not effect the flight of the arrow and would stay attached to the animal.

More than likely you won't even have to change your arrows or broadheads.

Also
Some of info I have found.

We already have two way radio's that have GPS that can locate the location of someone else using the same channel and type of radio.

We have GPS now being included on ATV's.

The Receiver is a sophisticated but easy to operate tracking receiver. It is used in conjunction with miniature transmitters that can be tracked 2-40 miles on the ground and even greater distances from the air.

The receiver is light-weight, less than two pounds. It is rechargeable and gives 6-8 hours of tracking capability on full charge.

The miniature transmitters that are used in tandem with this receiver are RF frequency, to virtually anywhere the transmitter is taken. Battery life is 6 months with our mini battery ( 1/4" x 1/4" x 5/8" ) and up to 2 years with optional batteriers.

Features:Up to 40 miles of consistent read range on the ground, depending on the capability of the transmitter used, and even greater distances from the air.
Allows you to track to within inches of a transmitter.

Come on tell the truth, change is always difficult.

Just want to make sure I am clear.

You mean if you shot a deer that meant the world(lol) to you and the arrow hit a small branch that you did not see and made the arrow deflect and less than great shot.

Don't say it can't happen to you Randy Johnson hit a piegon with a baseball while pitching a game (not a baseball fan so I think I have his name correct). If you are out in the wood long enough anything can happen. That's way you buy hunting video's.LOL

By the time it is done I bet you might think of 333 7/8(lol) reason to have one.

LOL
Old 07-20-2004, 09:33 AM

HAZCON7,

I've got to ask, what is the function of the #2 pencil?

Old 07-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got to ask, what is the function of the #2 pencil?
I'm not sure yet - all throughout school we were told to carry a #2 pencil.
I assumed that it was pretty important and might come in handy some day!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know one thing this would do, it would stop the threads titled "It was a perfect shot, but I can't find him, what now?". I wouldn't spend the money on them, but every time I see a "I lost my deer" thread I would wish they had!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know, I think for a GPS nock to work you'd have to either tune the bow down in poundage or create a larger broadhead to prevent pass thru shots wouldn't you?
Or perhaps a couple of "catcher" prongs towards the rear of the arrow to keep the arrow buried deep but not clean thru.
Or even a detachable nock that separates upon a pass thru to stay with the deer.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:30 AM

Like most techno gadgets it is not necessary, but if used correctly and ethically it could provide a valuable backup. much as a GPS does with compasss skills. But technology does have a tendancy to replace fieldcraft.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

This idea is nothing new. The same contraption was marketed about 10 years ago. Obviously, it didn't last.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:31 PM

Lot of good that gps would do 4 inches in the dirt after a double lung shot

I guess if your bow shoots 25 fps and it sticks in the animal ....nah[&:]
Old 07-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also the very near future holds a GPS transmitter that will hook on the game you shoot and detach from the arrow and then you will be using a GPS.

Guys he said it would be designed to stay in the animal.............

To answer your question horntagger, I personally would not pay anything for it. However, with todays moderized gadget oriented bowhunting community, if you could market them at a reasonable price, they would be very popular. I think they would be used more so by the "weekend warrior" that likes gadgets and has plenty of money. But, there is definitely a large enough niche of those type hunters to go after.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:49 PM

think they would be used more so by the "weekend warrior" that likes gadgets and has plenty of money. But, there is definitely a large enough niche of those type hunters to go after.

I think Rack-Attack would fit that bill. Give him a call I'm sure he would more than willing try them out and push them at his shop.

[:-]

Quick Reply: Tracking Arrow of the future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.