Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tracking Arrow of the future >

Tracking Arrow of the future

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tracking Arrow of the future

Old 07-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tracking Arrow of the future

Why not use a trail cam that shoots tranquilizer darts with a gps transmitter inside so you can find the animal asleep and shoot it?
I think a lot of modern technology takes away from the true aspect of hunting,or what hunting should be.
Elkshed
Old 07-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must admit that Rack was one of the first guys that I thought of
Old 07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could see how RFID technology could work with this, but real-time GPS tracking technology for the public would most likely never happen. The public has the wrong perception about GPS. It you have the GPS if will track you and show you where you are at, but for someone else to know where you are at, just by using the GPS, is very restricted. The goverment owns the sattelites and they can see who is using them and where they are, but that's about it.

Now the RFID technology is something else. They are as small as a flea and are being used everywhere nowdays.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:03 PM

the technology is all fine and dandy - until the battery goes dead.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Heck... we might just as well lock them up in a cage and shoot them. These gadgets are just going a little to far for me.[&:][:'(][:'(]
Old 07-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

There was already a similar item on the market several years ago. It was called "SUR TRAK". It carried a microchip that was "dumped" into the animal after the arrow penetrated. It quickly became illegal to use in Idaho. Anything that has anything electronic attatched to the bow or arrow is illegal here. Fair chase should be considered as well as the ethical standpoint. Others will use this to hit an animal "wherever" and try to get it after that. Unfortunately these things happen and they have to be nipped in the bud before it becomes a real problem. As an answer to your question, I wouldn't every purchase such an item because I don't think they should be allowed in hunting.