Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what does everybody think of the archery research bows >

what does everybody think of the archery research bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what does everybody think of the archery research bows

Old 07-03-2004, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what does everybody think of the archery research bows

I'm glad your happy with it AR! I know i would have liked it but once I shot the BowTech it was love all the speed I could handle .I had severel bow's in mind when I started lookinfg last season and the AR 34 was one of them.

I was looking at the

AR34
Hoyt Razor Tec
Mathew's Legacy
BowTech Patriot
BowTech Extreme VFT

There were acouple other's as well but I can't remember now.

This year I was looking at a bunch of totally different bow's

Bow Tech Patriot
BowTech Patriot Dually
BowTech Liberty
Hoyt Xtec
Mathew's Legacy

I ended up with the Patriot Dually ,the more I read about the BowTech the more I was sure that that was the bow for me, but I'm sure any of the model's of bow's that I was interested would have been fine ,but the Dually was a rocket that I couldn't resist. Although I never got to shoot a lot of these bow's I did shoot the Xtec ,Legacy and the Extreme VFT, AR34 ,Razor Tec and the Patriot Dually in the 03 model. It ended up being a last minute decision on which to choose but I'm very happy with my choice.

nubo
Old 07-03-2004, 05:04 PM

I shot an ar37 and an ar34 last year before buying a mattews legacy. I did notice some hand shock until a good stabilizer and string leaches were installed. The legacy didn't need either. I felt they were both good bows. But for the little difference in price I bought the mattews.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:21 PM

whats teh price on an AR bow??

slayer
Old 07-03-2004, 08:30 PM

smooth, accurate, very little hand shock.....but a wee bit slow for my tastes.

Chris
Old 07-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

price on an AR is about 600-650. you can find them on e-bay a little cheeper.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

i hit a couple bowshops last week, i shot an AR34(i think) with the ramand 1/2 cam) it was pretty nice, more hand shock than an outback, but less than the bowtechs. bowtech had AMAZING speed, but i hated the vibration. to me, nothing shoots as sweet as the outback
Old 07-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

You need to compare a bow that has the same axle length and brace height. An AR 34 and an Outback are totally different bows. Compare the AR 31 to it and see what you come up with. AR is without a doubt the best new product line bows on the market.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted a question on speed of your bow and it seems that the AR is not the fastest bow out there but is right in the hunt with all the other big names. If your were to shoot a arrow with about 350gr then you will have most all beat.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:39 PM

I went and tried an AR34 Ram and a half. BIG MISTAKE!! I ended up buying the thing. What a sweet bow. I currently shoot a Stingray, another sweet bow. Then I shot the Triton to see if PSE made good changes to the Stingray. THEY DID!!, I'm kinda ticked because all three bows are fantatsic. Pricey but fantastic.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

I filled 2 tags with an AR31 last year and despite the bow not being the fastest kid on the block, the deer are just as dead and I don't believe they ever heard the shot. Stick a big heavy aluminum arrow on that thing and all you will hear is the arrow leaving the rest and a click from your release. No stabilizer, No limb savers, just the factory installed string leaches and one of those aftermarket green and grey no stretch strings, (I can't remember their name). What I like the most is that it is so easy to carry around and use in a tree stand, besides the accuracy!!

Quick Reply: what does everybody think of the archery research bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.