Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ripcord vs. shakey hunter >

ripcord vs. shakey hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ripcord vs. shakey hunter

Old 06-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default ripcord vs. shakey hunter

I know this probably has been debated but I did a search and couldn't find any info. I have a hoyt razortec and would like to put a dropaway on it. I was thinking of the ripcord, which I think is the same as the QAD ultra rest drop away or shakey hunter micro rest and would like for people using these rest to give comments on them if you don't mind.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ripcord vs. shakey hunter

I would go with the QAD Ultra Rest. I like mine because it stays locked up if I let-down my bow. I do not think the ripcord does this. Also I think QAD makes a rest that goes down when you let-down so when/if you order/buy it then make sure to get the right one. My proshop is selling this like crazy and they are a very nice rest.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot the Shakey hunter on my Patriot and ablutly love it. I have no clearance problems at all and am grouping 5 arrows about as tight as they can be grouped.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:55 AM

I would go with the ripcord. It is quiter than the shakey hunter and I believe that it is a reliable rest. My bowshop is selling the crud out of them this year, and that is what I put on my new outback.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:00 AM

I shoot the Shakey hunter on my Patriot and ablutly love it. I have no clearance problems at all and am grouping 5 arrows about as tight as they can be grouped.
The sound of a broken record.............................

Have you tuned broadheads out of that rig. Because even a poor tune can group fieldpoints super tight.

I just don't want you to get stuck a week before the season with a set up shooting bh's like poo
Old 06-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

If you are going to use a Trophy Taker I've had better luck tuning the Original than the Shakey, that said the Shakey I have I modified the prongs ( cut them down) so it's closer to the size of the original. I have yet to shoot BH out of it but the bow I have the Original on shoots BH's awesome. The timing if these rest's is crucial and can be time consuming but when done right they are a great rest. IMO
Old 06-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

thanks guys keep em coming please. I didn't know there were 2 different qad style rests.