Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT INCREASES THE MONETARY VALUE OF YOUR LAND >

WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT INCREASES THE MONETARY VALUE OF YOUR LAND

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:46 AM

Default WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT INCREASES THE MONETARY VALUE OF YOUR LAND

The more quality game animals a landowner has on his property, the more money the land is worth. How can this be true for something that can roam off your property onto the other?

What do you think?

The truest statement today is “Quality game management adds value to property for a segment of the population.” The real question is how much value is added and how big a segment of the population it will be.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT INCREASES THE MONETARY VALUE OF YOUR LAND

If the potential buyer is not a hunter then having game on the land can actually reduce the value , especially if the buyer is a gardner and/or likes expensive landscaping .
Old 06-24-2004, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with both of the opposing arguments so far....to an extent with the first one. A free roaming animal is just that but when the land in question is sizeable and there are a variety of food sources with little hunting pressure then the chances that those animals will stray off of the land in question in minimal in my opinion.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhntr I have to agree. Both sides of the argument do make sense but I also think that if you are able to successfuly implement QDM then your land must in turn be of larger size and therefor hold a large majority of the deer without them wandering too far. This is not to say that a few won't stray but the percentage would probably be low. I think in general good wildlife management would increase the value of your land. Around here the only people interested in buying such large parcels of wooded land are hunters. Most others are happy with just a few acres of woods seeing as how they have no use for that much land. Of course once again there are a couple people with alot of money who don't know what to spend it on but I still think the scales are tipped towards increased land value, be it ever so slightly.