Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I love the 90's...huntin video edition >

I love the 90's...huntin video edition

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I love the 90's...huntin video edition

Old 06-22-2004, 06:58 PM

Default I love the 90's...huntin video edition

My wife was watchin "I love the 80's" on VH1 and it got me thinkin....whatever happened to all of the guys that I watched on all of the huntin vids I used to rent before I had the outdoor channel? Guys like Alan Altizer? He was a good one, struck me as genuine and a good one to share a campfire with. There was one guy that I used to watch but I can't think of his name right now...heavy southern accent, did some turkey huntin with Mark Drury, but did most of his own videos. I want to say his name was Jim Nabors, but that can't be right, can it? He was another good one. Dan Brothers? Shane Jones? I know there are a bunch more that I can't think of right now. who else? How bout the guy that did "bowhunting October Whitetails", I can't call his name right now either.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I love the 90's...huntin video edition

I grew up watching those hunting videos with my father! Wish I could get my hands on some now! Does anyone know where to find them for sale?

Looking back, vidios have changed so much! for one, they were more informational and instructional. Now I guess were all know it alls so they don’t have to do that anymore!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I want to say that Larry Wise might have done that last one but he is best known for his bow tuning books. It could be him as I remember seeing the video you mentioned.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Dan Fitzjerald (before he got rich and cocky), The wensel brothers, Bob Foulkrod, ect...

Yeah.. back before they were big infomercials... and actually showed the arrows hitting the deer in slow motion. Back when Ted Nugent was a little more down to earth... before he went totally overboard. And it wasn't 8 hrs later that the showed the animal being found... IE bright and sunny when it was shot.. and 0'dark 30 when the animal is being found. I love the old hunting movies.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:56 PM

Yea,,sosowingshooter,,I have a bunch of those tapes still.Dan Brothers and Bob Kirschner,,Gary Eckert,,Dan F.and Bob Folkrod,,Noel Feather,Mike and Alan Altizer,,Ben Rogers Lee,Don Bell,,man I could think of some others,but,,,[:-] I have around 125 bow hunting tapes,,so you name the guy,chances are I have him on film.[:-]
Old 06-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

YEH The good old days of hunting vidios. Like back in the early eights when dan-fitzgerld,and bob folkrod did down for the count! And all they "Alan altizer" vidos! They seem to be more about hunting, instead of some of todays stuff which is alot ab[:-]out selling a bunch of crap!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget about Ben Rogers Lee, he's dead now, but he was a heck of a good deer hunter!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Don't forget about Ben Rogers Lee, he's dead now, but he was a heck of a good deer hunter!!!
Your right! can`t forget about him
Old 11-30-2021, 09:28 AM
Spike

WOW... it's been a loooong time since I Co-Produced Quest Video Productions. Time sure has went by fast.