Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech grips

Old 06-11-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Bowtech grips

Hi, I am currently shooting a new 04 pro40 dually....LOVE the bow....HATE the skinny little handle. I am looking for a real meaty grip for a low wrist shooter. I know bowtech used to make a much meatier grip on some of their earlier bows. Can anyone tell me if there is one in particular that will fit my '04? I beleive the Patriot grip from a few years back will come close to fitting but will need some minor shimming and I'm hoping there is something out there that will fit even better.

P.S. I have looked at Loesch but it would have to be custom made and would take too long to get done. I may have to go that way but would rather not.

Thanks for any info!
Chris
Old 06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech grips

The riser on the '02 and older Bowtechs was a bit wider where the grip fit... so if you wanted to make one work.. you'd prolly need to shim up the empty space w/ something.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Smaller grip is more inducive to good shooting. Skinny grip... less hand torque. Check most of the pros. They take the grips off and shoot off the riser.... some maybe with a wrap of rubber or something. The grip should rest on your thumb pad, not in your palm. I just shot one of the new skinny grip Bowtechs at Lens. I love the grip. I love the way the bow shoots. I love the ABSOLUTELY NO handshock. It's noisier than my Darton Maverick.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:08 PM

Dave is right. I'm no pro but I 'm enjoying the accuracy of shooting my Pro40DC without a grip, right off of the riser. I can even shoot well with a glove this way. Most of my practice is at 54 yds (50M) on the Fita target face.

-Chief
Old 06-11-2004, 10:31 PM

you may be able to custom order one at loeshgrips.com.instead of taking my grip off i used a dremel and flattened it out instead of it being round.i think it fits better against the meat of my thumb this way