Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So, what are you going to change this year? >

So, what are you going to change this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So, what are you going to change this year?

Old 05-25-2004, 04:06 PM

Default RE: So, what are you going to change this year?

I changed the bow I'll be shooting. Switched from an older PSE Viking to an 04 Hoty Xtec. I'm really looking forward to shooting it and hopefully get some animals with it.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:17 PM

My equipment is fine....no improvements NECESSARY. Lot of things I want ofcourse, but we all know how that goes.

What I AM going to change though....is I'm going to make a conscious effort to spend more time in the woods this year. Too much work, and too much worry. This year there is going to be some "just huntin'" time.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:14 PM

I haven't changed my hunting bow set up in 5 years, it's simple and bullit proof. 69 ft/lbs. of KE
Old 05-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Changed everything but my release. New bow and everything on it. Even got a custom string right from the git-go.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Gonna go w/ a Easton Axis arrows for hunting season.. still haven't decided what broadheads I'm gonna shoot. So many good choices out there.. just need something that'll group well and be durable enough for my black bear hunt.

Also prolly gonna change out my TKO for a whisper disk for hunting season... but not totally decided yet... really like the APA rests too.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm going to shoot some smaller ones so it's not such a hassle to drag them out. That Pope and Young walks by..... he gets a free ride. I'm too old for this stuff.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Changed from a Trophy Ridge micro matrix, to a Copper John Dead Nuts sight. I am scouting some new country so I will be hunting some new areas as well as my established ones.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:43 AM

Getting a new bow, going from a old Browing to a new Bowtech Liberty.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:32 PM

A new bow ! Been looking at the Hoyt Protec and I test drove a PSE Dakota. I'm leaning toward the PSE. May switch back to a release, so I need to add that to my list.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:24 PM

There will be two main changes on the Q2 this year. First off I am scrappin the WB and going drop away. The two leading contenders are the shaky hunter and the muzzy. I watched a guy shoot his muzzy today for about a half hour and was amazed at how quiet it was and how well he shot with it. I think my mind was made up before I left the shop. I am also gonna take off my impact cosmic sight and simple things up a bit. Leaning towards a trophy ridge flatliner, or something similar. What I am really excited about is the new recurve that I am getting. I am jumpin in with a Martin X-200 @ 45lbs and can't wait to get started with that.

Quick Reply: So, what are you going to change this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.