Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tennessee hunters can take 120 deer per hunter. >

tennessee hunters can take 120 deer per hunter.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tennessee hunters can take 120 deer per hunter.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:10 PM

Default tennessee hunters can take 120 deer per hunter.

i live in bedford county......tennessee wildlife resources has about 10 counties that each hunter can take 120 deer per hunter.. i live in one of those countys.....our county has to many deer....Hunters in some parts of Tennessee might be allowed to take as many as 120 deer next season.

That tremendously high bag limit will be considered Wednesday by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

But no one would really be able to reach it.

A hunter would have to kill three deer a day all rifle season, along with a maximum take during bow hunting season.

The reason for the potential change: the state is now overrun with about a (M) million deer.

That's a big difference from the early 1900s, when only a few thousand deer remained.

The herd was restored because of state regulations limiting the number of deer killed and when they could be hunted.

Now officials say it's time to make sure the animals are healthy and don't overgraze their environment.

looks like i need to be giving away free deer meat to the hungry...what do you think....
Old 05-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: tennessee hunters can take 120 deer per hunter.

Do you just waste the fronts?
Old 05-17-2004, 09:15 PM

no wasting.....
Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 PM

does any of ya'lls state have feed the hungry program that you can give deer meat away......i will only kill a few deer....not many.....
Old 05-17-2004, 09:50 PM

Damn, we can only take 6.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

They all do. I'm just busting on my last post of Gut or not to Gut. If any area calls for this choice this is it, 120 deer/season.

The Hunters for the Hungry is a great program but they couldn't handle an over populated area like where you hunt. The is also the eviromental things that get involved. I know of an areas that refused geese because they can't be assured of what they ate before they received it.

Donate what you can but your area will still get worst. Maybe we should release a few wolfs back into the wild.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

No problem. I will be right down.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

We have unlimited doe tags for the area I live in. If you wanted to shoot 1000 deer a year it would be legal. I usually only shoot 7 or 8 and quit shooting but still go hunting. My hunting buddy, LEN, shot 24 or 25 last year. His 11 year old son shot 6 or 7. The other guy that hunts with us had an off year and shot something like 15. He usually shoots somewhere in the 20s. We donate a lot to hunters for the hungry, land owners and a long list of friends that want deer meat. Landowners we cut it up for them. Friends have to butcher themselves or hire it done. Those going to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry we skin. This year I'll have to shoot a lot more because we got a ton of crop damage permits to fill. I'll probably have to shoot double my usual to stay in good graces with Len and landowners. [&:] We shoot 95% with the bow.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This year in my WMU we can shoot one buck and the does will be unlimited($33 per tag)WE dont have a feed the hungry program which we should because farmers have alot of problems with the deer and receive alot of "crop damage permits"
I personally only shoot as many deer that will fit in my freezer.I would give my family some steaks and roasts if there season isn't as productive as mine.
120 deer sure sounds like alot though.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

If only I could have some of your problems.LOL!!!!!!
I have to ration the deer we shoot or it doesn't last till camping season!
If I buy a all season tag I can shoot 1 buck and 1 doe!
Last year we got spoiled because we had two deer in the freezer!

Quick Reply: tennessee hunters can take 120 deer per hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.