Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To gut or not to gut? >

To gut or not to gut?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To gut or not to gut?

Old 05-04-2004, 02:17 PM

Default RE: To gut or not to gut?

You guys dont even know what you are missing, unless you try it.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Hey mouse,

Don't forget to explain how the critters feed on what you don't take from a deer.........since you don't process in the field and take your game back to the shed to debone..........how does that wasted meat get back to the field where the critters are??

Still waiting
Old 05-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

They load it in the truck and dump it on the side of the road.[&:]
Old 05-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

[X(] Ladies and Germs: lol..
I think some hunters have gotten lazy and do not have the heart to gut the animal..(my opinion only) However last year i forgot my knife while bowhunting after harvesting a mature 8pt who weight over 200lbs. I was so darn mad at myself, i used my broad head to field dress the buck. If i am going to harvest an animal and bring it home to my two sons and girlfriend then i also owe it to them not just the animal to provide them the best tasting deer meat i can. Also if u have to drag a deer a long way and also up hill like me u drop atleast 20lbs of weight, make it a little easier if u ask me. A good tip is to also let your deer hang a couple of days atleast 48hrs, if u immediately take it to a butcher he will process the deer as soon as he can to get the freezer space and move on, if u can keep the game cool, then let it hang before u take it to your butcher.

"ALWAYS LEAVE THE WOODS WITH SOMETHING"
Old 05-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm sorry Atlas I forgot all about you. Yes, he feeds the critters. And no its not on the side of the road. He has his private property to dispose of his deer. He definitly doesn't leave them hanging in the garage.

Before you give me heck for that, there is a reason the new world record black bear was killed in NC a few years back. He was living high on the hog and probably a few deer carcuses. (literally)

A few times when I lived in the city I have been known to place them in the trash can with eyes greeting my gargage man. It gets a few laughs before he asks me for some meat. In NC your not allowed to throw them in the trash. Go figure.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:14 PM

So you are trying to tell us that it is too much effort to retrieve the meat off the deer but it's not too much effort to haul the carcass back out into the woods just to feed some coons and coyotes??

You guys put out the effort to feed critters but not yourselves???

Makes total sense
Old 05-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beer nuts, yes....Deer nuts,HUH-UH[:'(]
Old 05-05-2004, 07:34 AM

WOW, This is a battle zone!!!!!!!

Atlasman,you need to change your name to Atlaswoman

You will fight till the end!!!!!! Never to be wrong!!!!!Just like my wife.

Damn, I love it though!

You made my day.[8D]
Old 05-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Beer nuts are 2.50 Deer nuts are under a buck!

Last night I was gazing the board and looked at the heading of this post. I was like what the F! Why is there 5 pages on this subject? And then I came upon this paragraph....

I like many people quit messing with the shoulders. Shoulders and necks have too many tendons for the meat you get out of them. If you want more meat just shoot another deer.
.....and was like O![:@]

Can we put up a poll and see what everyone thinks about that quote...for or against it. You know just to get the point accross.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: NEWSHOOTER

You will fight till the end!!!!!! Never to be wrong!!!!!Just like my wife.

When someone is spewing quotes like this one

I like many people quit messing with the shoulders. Shoulders and necks have too many tendons for the meat you get out of them. If you want more meat just shoot another deer.
I don't really see it as fighting...........just pointing out stupidity and laziness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.