Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bulls, Bucks, and Babies >

Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

Old 05-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

At work last night we were dorking around on the topic of wives that get pregnant and dump their offspring right in the middle of hunting season. Do they do this on purpose?

Has anyone out there had personal experience with this dilemma, do I keep huntin' or go be a loyal hubby as the wife goes through labor?

Personally, this is my impression of me with a theoretical wife (I'm single) who's in labor. I'm on a cell phone sitting on a mountainside somewhere in September:

"Push, push, push! You're doin' great, honey." Later,

"Honey, ah, honey, I know this is tough, but you're just gonna have to lower the pitch on those screams, honeycakes. I've got a big bull comin' in and you're gonna scare him off."

"Honey, you're still screamin'! The bull's gettin' closer, and I can't shoot him and talk to you at the same time. So... you hang in their darlin', I gotta go. I'm hangin' up now, baby. Call ya soon ... unless I wind up with a trackin' job. Name the baby after me! Bye-bye."
Old 05-01-2004, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

I fell out of my chair laughing.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Best thing to do is keep her very satisfied before and during hunting season and then you won't have to worry about her "dumping" yalls offspring right in the middle of hunting season. If you do it right it will be born in May, June, or July.

Just a little tip for you planning parents.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Simple work back 9 months from the start and finish of the season then keep it in your pants during those months

Use her excuse " Not tonight honey I have a headache"[:-]
Old 05-01-2004, 06:40 PM

Thats a good one dirt!
Old 05-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Half of me is laughing and the other half is giving you the evil eye!! I'd be mad if I was the wife... and not for the reasons your guessing... you think I'd want to be in the hospital that time of year???? Not on your life!! If I had it my way I'd give birth on the mountain! Count me in on the hunt, too!!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, this is my impression of me with a theoretical wife (I'm single)
Sounds like ya better get used to being single!
Old 05-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son was born on October 23rd ....

I sense a hunting birthday gift every year from Daddy !
Old 05-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya just have to plan it right, get her preggers right before hunting season!! Takes care of delivery then!

Of course that first hunting season, taking off on the wife and new born, ya may end up single anyway

--Bob
Old 05-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Dang thats the truth.[:@] My wife is supposed to dump the week after I am supposed to get back from Elk hunting. I doubt I get to go but I am still planning it like nothing is going to happen.

Quick Reply: Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.