HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bulls, Bucks, and Babies (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/60411-bulls-bucks-babies.html)

Dirt2 05-01-2004 11:54 AM

Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

At work last night we were dorking around on the topic of wives that get pregnant and dump their offspring right in the middle of hunting season. Do they do this on purpose?

Has anyone out there had personal experience with this dilemma, do I keep huntin' or go be a loyal hubby as the wife goes through labor?

Personally, this is my impression of me with a theoretical wife (I'm single) who's in labor. I'm on a cell phone sitting on a mountainside somewhere in September:

"Push, push, push! You're doin' great, honey." Later,

"Honey, ah, honey, I know this is tough, but you're just gonna have to lower the pitch on those screams, honeycakes. I've got a big bull comin' in and you're gonna scare him off."

"Honey, you're still screamin'! The bull's gettin' closer, and I can't shoot him and talk to you at the same time. So... you hang in their darlin', I gotta go. I'm hangin' up now, baby. Call ya soon ... unless I wind up with a trackin' job. Name the baby after me! Bye-bye."

zak123 05-01-2004 12:04 PM

RE: Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

I fell out of my chair laughing.:D

bigbulls 05-01-2004 12:42 PM

Best thing to do is keep her very satisfied:):) before and during hunting season and then you won't have to worry about her "dumping" yalls offspring right in the middle of hunting season. If you do it right it will be born in May, June, or July.;);)

Just a little tip for you planning parents.;):D

Kanga 05-01-2004 12:59 PM

Simple work back 9 months from the start and finish of the season then keep it in your pants during those months:D

Use her excuse " Not tonight honey I have a headache":):eek:[:-]:D

MT elk addict 05-01-2004 06:40 PM

Thats a good one dirt!

Hikchick 05-04-2004 06:27 PM

Half of me is laughing and the other half is giving you the evil eye!! ;) I'd be mad if I was the wife... and not for the reasons your guessing... you think I'd want to be in the hospital that time of year???? Not on your life!! If I had it my way I'd give birth on the mountain! Count me in on the hunt, too!!

BOWFANATIC 05-04-2004 10:30 PM

Personally, this is my impression of me with a theoretical wife (I'm single)
Sounds like ya better get used to being single!:D

stealthycat 05-05-2004 01:40 AM

My son was born on October 23rd ....

I sense a hunting birthday gift every year from Daddy !

Bob H in NH 05-05-2004 06:08 AM

Ya just have to plan it right, get her preggers right before hunting season!! Takes care of delivery then!

Of course that first hunting season, taking off on the wife and new born, ya may end up single anyway :eek:

--Bob

texasaggiebowhunter 05-05-2004 07:12 AM

Dang thats the truth.[:@] My wife is supposed to dump the week after I am supposed to get back from Elk hunting. I doubt I get to go but I am still planning it like nothing is going to happen.