Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Seen any Antlers Yet? >

Seen any Antlers Yet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seen any Antlers Yet?

Old 04-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seen any Antlers Yet?

I'll let you know after a trip to the lease this weekend. I've had one of the Stealth cams out for about 3 weeks now. Looking forward to setting up the new Leaf River camera also.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would surprise me if I did as it was less than a month ago when I was still seeing bucks that had their antlers from last season!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:15 PM

Well about two weeks ago my brother was out at our hunting spot and seen two Bucks with hard antlers that they have not yet shed. This is the latest I have ever seen hard antler on a deer in this area. We live in KY just south of Louisville. I was a Game Warden at Fort Knox for 9 years and I can tell you that some of the deer on the base lost their antlers in late Nov. while our season was still going on. It was not uncommon to here of a hunter shooting a deer and the antlers falling off, are when they would get to the deer and grab the rack it would fall off in there hand. Fort Knox army base is close to the place we hunt, but the genetics of Fort Knox seem to be different from the states deer.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Saw one turkey hunting, just barely had a couple of nobs starting but looked like a pretty good dear. His tail was almost down to the first bend in his back legs if that means anything?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:38 PM

I went out turkey hunting this morning and saw about 10 deer. I didn't see any visiable antlers on any of them. But then again, I wasn't looking all that hard. Even if they had them, I wouldn't imagine they would be all that big yet. Still pretty early.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:20 PM

This past week I saw a number of fawn tracks. It seems like they have been increasing in numbers over the last few weeks. As far as new growth on the head gear, I have not seen anything.