Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tree stand and food plots >

tree stand and food plots

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tree stand and food plots

Old 04-20-2004, 09:06 PM

Default tree stand and food plots

i just planted my alfalfa plot and im getting my stand ready to be put up. the tree i had picked out is about 40 yards from the plot, but there is a tree that is about 10 yards from it. which tree would be a better choice for hunting this fall. both tree's have a good trail running within bow range.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tree stand and food plots

IMO I would put one in the tree 40 yards off the plot. Bucks tend to hang back in cover until total darkness. With the stand further back in the timber I would think you would have a better chance arrowing a buck. Also, with you being further back, you could be able to leave your stand easier. If you're only 10 yards from the plot it might be hard getting out quietly after dark when there are still deer in the plot. Hope this helps!
Old 04-21-2004, 02:27 PM

How big is this plot? If it is bigger then a half acre I would say to go at least 40 off the plot or to where you can see into the plot form the woods but not see from the plot into the woods. IMO, If the plot is smaller, then the 10yd tree should be fine. Good luck, either way! TGK
Old 04-21-2004, 02:31 PM

40 at least. Stagging areas are a good place to be. You want to be far enough away from the field that you don't worry about spooking deer when you get down at dark.