Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 archery turks? any luck? >

archery turks? any luck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

archery turks? any luck?

Old 04-16-2004, 10:42 AM
pup

Default archery turks? any luck?

anyone have any luck with a bow for turks this year? me and two of my friends i archery hunt with we each all got toms with are bows on are opener yesterday,
Old 04-16-2004, 02:48 PM

Default RE: archery turks? any luck?

Took one bird with a bow and one bird with a shotgun during the first week. The shotgun bird was a little 3 inch jake, the bow bird had a 10 inch beard, 1 1/8 spurs on both feet, and weighed 21 pounds. Ive been scoutin another bird out the past week, hes there every mornin and i just got back from the place about 15 minutes ago and he was there again, so im gunna give him a try tomorrow mornin. Its been a great two weeks so far.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:09 AM

Not so lucky for me. I could have had 3 shots with a shot gun so far though. I just want one with my bow so I'll just leave the gun in the closet. Had a nice tom come with in 20 yds Thur. but never gave me the shot I was looking for. Going out here in a little bit for another try. I am so hooked on this turk hunting, so much more sport then setting in a stand and waiting for a buck.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:11 PM
pup

well i just taged my second tom with a bow last night. that was my last tag. So i might try to get a tag for idaho.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:38 AM

We are still waiting for the season to open here in Pa.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

First season in MN, just jot over. Had alot of close encounters, but no shots. The birds just would break cover. I am pretty new at Turkey hunting! I could have easily shot four with a shot gun!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe tomorrow I'll have a response!
Old 04-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am surrounded by wilderness living here in the Kootenai National forest and the birds were very vocal about three weeks ago around the kabin here but it snowed this weekend and getting a response has been a lot of work, but not impossible. Sunday morning maw squaw bumped one as I was calling one in for her for about an hour and she was caught, busted big time. My day today was no diff, as I went out to different spots and called and after a while I got a response but it sounded like a dang hen making the same calls that I was making but after heading up the ridge and setting up I had two toms and hens coming in on me, the toms looked big but they were strutten with their heads just as blue and red as could be and when their doing this, size is deseving (sp?) and they only supported beards of about 3". I really didn't think they were very big. There is some toms here that I have seen that are so big, they walk on there own beards, so I am being kinda choosey for the moment, but come the last week I won't be. Good Luck, Bobby
Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 PM

It’s good to here that some of you all are having some good luck out there. Here in KY our season has been in for about a week now and I haven’t been in the woods yet. Last weekend was perfect but I had to work all weekend. I was hoping to go tomorrow but we are supposed to have thunder storms all day, so it’s not looking good for me.

Old 04-22-2004, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am so jealous of some of you guys. As mentioned above PA's season does not start until May 1st so we have a bit of a wait yet. I wonder when we are going to come out of the stone age and start in mid-April.