Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camo comparison pics >

Camo comparison pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo comparison pics

Old 04-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camo comparison pics

I might take a beating for this but someone correct me if I'm wrong. ASAT works well, we all know that and it evident in the pics. But to me, its too busy for a treestand pattern. It seems almost not "open" enough for this application IMO. Of course all of the deer whacked out of tree by hunters wearing ASAT or any other camo proves my own theory wrong. But from a technical standpoint, it just looks too busy. On the ground it vanishes. Maybe if ASAT modified their pattern to use a base of grey and market a treestand camo it would make me happy. One of the main reason's I like Predator Fall Grey.

Chuck, you listening?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:27 PM

I can see your outline BuckMagnet, but as far as effective, your setup looks like the best for getting game by surprise that I've ever seen. You have a great camo system and that coupled with a great scent system could be lethal.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Depends. 'Round my house with all the Anti's in the area, I tend to go with Advantage or RT just because it's harder for those jacka$$es to pick me out while they are sipping a latte on their deck I found this out the first year I moved up here and wore Predator Grey(I hunt on the ground). They know they cannot actually hinder me, so they scream and walk to edge of their property and bang trashcans and the like Fun, I assure you.
Based on this then maybe instead of calling them "open" and "blob" patterns we could call them patterns for humans and patterns for deer....
Old 04-15-2004, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Based on this then maybe instead of calling them "open" and "blob" patterns we could call them patterns for humans and patterns for deer....
I think that would be more true than many hunters realize
Old 06-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any one have any new pics to add??
Old 06-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Wish I had a dig camera to share some of my patterns. I have sniper, which I like, advantage with oak leaves, braches etc, (love that one). Also advantage timer that I don't really care for on cabelas mto50 goretex system.

What really shows up in all these photos is the human outline, the skin tones of the persons face and hat or head out line. I wonder what the deer think?
Old 06-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder what the deer think?
When I pull the next one out of the bed of my truck I will ask it.

Seriously, all styles of camo work well provided the hunter understands how they will be perceived by the deer from the angle that the deer could potentially see them from. Having patience to pick the right time to draw the bow and shoot is what most often leads to successful hunts....not necessarily the camo pattern.