Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Face it or tree between? >

Face it or tree between?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Face it or tree between?

Old 04-11-2004, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Face it or tree between?

It depends on the situation. Sometimes I face the tree, sometimes I don't. It all depends on the set up.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:26 PM

I would face the oncoming route or have a shot from the left side of my stand as I am right handed. But, I usually have the ability to shoot in all directions to some point. However, due to nature this is not always possible.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:17 PM

I usually try to find a clump of trees. 2 or 3 trees in a group are good for me. And then I face the direction the deer are coming from. This past year I got a nice 8 point out of a clump of 3 red oaks.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:33 PM

I hunt facing the area the deer will come from, I try to look for a tree with good cover, I its late in the season I will make cover with branches from other trees, and platic ties. it's worked so far
Old 04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Finding the perfect tree is not easy sometimes. I try to face the direction they might come from but have faced away before with success.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I generally face the direction that allows for the most shot area. As we all know rarely do they come exactly how we want. Sun direction also plays a part as well. I hate facing the sun.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:00 AM

In a perfect world, I try and set myself up so I can see a deer coming from a descent distance away and have enough cover both front and back...so I can get ready, draw before the deer is in my shooting lane. I tend to hunt quiet a few field edges so this scenaio plays out a lot. See or hear the deer coming from about 50-75 yards away(staging areas), they usually stop to look over the field so that gives me time to stand, get into position, draw even before they step foot into the field. But that's perfect also of course.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:16 AM

I face it, and keep as much cover as possible.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Techy

I face it, and keep as much cover as possible.
what he said...
Old 04-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

It dosen't much matter when you get 2 dozen grazing below you for most the hunt.

Quick Reply: Face it or tree between?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.