Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need Help Quick... >

Need Help Quick...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Help Quick...

Old 04-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help Quick...

Have you bare tuned your shafts ? What I'm asking is, do you get awesome arrow flight ? If you do, then a different rest probably aint going to make a lot of difference IMO.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:52 AM

"WB" and precise accuracy out to 33 yards? Try again next year.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stay with the rest your familiar with changing now wouldn't benefit you in time for your corse test . Any new gear takes time to familiarize yourself with.Hunt mup is right you just need to practice lot's and focus with no distraction's . Also make sure your arrow's are tuned correctly .good luck

nubo
Old 04-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

hoytrazortec and c903 think you may find this link informative , The WB is a great rest and supurb accuracy can be obtained with it .

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...threadid=34132
Old 04-07-2004, 08:56 AM

"WB" and precise accuracy out to 33 yards? Try again next year.
Yeh C903.......for those of us that know you.....we all know that you put one on your old bow and tuned it ........aand then shot with it.......and couldn't get good accuracy with it .......right ???

If so I must have missed that thread somewhere ......where you actually tried one !!
Old 04-07-2004, 09:17 AM

"When used with the little foamy arrow holder that comes with the Drop Zones the CJ Bobcat and Alleycat are damn good drop aways. They should come with an arrow holder like the Naps and Drop Zones do.

"My Bobcat has been stone cold reliable on my Newberry, and when I couldn't get my Drop Zone to work to satisfaction I put it on my Protec. I absolutely love the rest and I've had ZERO problems with arrows falling off of it in in multiple 3D shoots and long sessions of practice. I will not have any reservations about taking it into the field this season."

"I used to shoot a WB, and that will be on my backup bow."

AKDOUG
ArcheryTalk.com
March 30, 2004 (Approx 6 months later)

http://216.7.172.165/vb/showthread.p...threadid=72486

Do you suppose that the "WB" was too difficult to keep tuned and accuracy was inconsistent? What changed? Maybe he now considers the "WB" to be a "get by" for the average shooter but his skill requires more.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:48 AM

CBM SC:

One phase of evaluation or comparative evalutaion is analytical (logical) evaluation of design and proposed performance (usability or potential usability of a product) compared with known criterion.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:01 AM

Do you suppose that the "WB" was too difficult to keep tuned and accuracy was inconsistent? What changed? Maybe he now considers the "WB" to be a "get by" for the average shooter but his skill requires more.
C.......I think your reading a lot into the post buddy ! Maybe he's just become a CJ staff shooter !

As for your "one phase of evaluation " .........my question is.......when are you going to get around to the other phases .........like actually trying one ?? [][:-]
Old 04-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

So lets get this straight if you haven't tried it you can't knock it. If you have and don't like it, your still wrong.

I did for a month and it sucked plain and simple. Your response to me was that I must not know how to tune my bow. Well I guess not but it is shooting consistently now with my 3D rover after ten mins of putting it on.

The only reason I bought it was on reccomendation from a buisness associate and I didn't like the rest that was sent with the bow. So far the only advantage to it, and I admit it did it well, was that the arrow won't fall off.

I don't know about you, but I never had a problem with arrows falling off my rest. Is there another advantage that I'm missing?

hoytrazortec don't be afraid to change if you can't get the WB to shoot consistent.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:24 AM

CBM SC:

Never!

Considering the known principles regarding what is conducive (facilitates) to best arrow flight, consistent accuracy, and longevity of reliability, the "WB" has flunked my initial evaluation.

Anything can go wrong at any time with any gear regardless of manufacturer and design. I just do not want to be constantly concerned that something is likely to go wrong much sooner with a particular piece of gear then with another.

Quick Reply: Need Help Quick...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.