Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it? >

Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Old 04-04-2004, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Never used it and prob never will. Hunted years without it and great success. Too many people think that it is a cure all and they still don't have to pay attention to the wind. Plus, way too pricey for me.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Typical Buck

Never bought it. I was taught how to hunt and that playing the wind was a part of it.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

No scent lok here for me. I doubt I'd use it even if it wasn't more money. I spend a few bucks on some of the scent soaps and sprays, but I see no need to wear suits of it.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:05 AM

I've never puposely bought any scent-lok product, but I did buy a pair of boots last year, that had a "scent-lok" tag on them. I didn't notice it until I got them home and cut the tag off. I thought about taking them back, but I thought "what the heck, it can't hurt that much", so I kept them.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to be a smart @ss, but you guys that 'learned how to hunt the wind', don't deer ever walk downwind of you? I've killed plenty of deer wearing Scentlok and plenty without....I'm not going to say that it's a cure all, it's certainly not. I have killed my biggest buck to date last season....he came in directly downwind. If you properly care for and use the stuff it certainly won't hurt your chances but to each his own.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/...cent_suits.htm
After you read this go to this thread and decide for yourself if it is worth the money of if you are being duped.
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...7&mpage=1&key=
Old 04-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not trying to be a smart @ss, but you guys that 'learned how to hunt the wind', don't deer ever walk downwind of you? I've killed plenty of deer wearing Scentlok and plenty without....I'm not going to say that it's a cure all, it's certainly not. I have killed my biggest buck to date last season....he came in directly downwind. If you properly care for and use the stuff it certainly won't hurt your chances but to each his own.

Ahhhh. Someone is using their noggin. My thoughs as well Jason.

You guys watch to many forget the wind just hunt commercials. You are all lisitening to their marketing ploy and are sucked into their marketing gimic. I am a wind and scent fanatic. I always hunt the wind. Your bow treeestand and accessories all have foriegn odors. It would be impossible to keep everything scent free. How can you keep a climber scent free in the back of a pickup?

I was taught how to hunt and that playing the wind was a part of it.
Please refer to the above statement. I believe this is a poor argument to not wear the stuff. You dad and granddad probably didn't wear camo either, but you are sporting the new break up in the pic. To each their own I guess.

You guys think you just put on your magic scent suit and say screw tha' wind I's gonna wander up tha' holler top sidee tha' wind and gonna' go get me a sons a bitchin deer. It don't work that way. People are so quick to judge when they have no idea.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not to be a smart a$$ either, but the deer downwind from me aren't the ones I'm interested in. Nothing I can do about them. It's the other 75% that are upwind or crosswind from me that I'm after.

Besides, you can't prove to me that the deer you killed wouldn't have come in whether you were or weren't wearing that suit.

ALL the 'proof' that scentlock stuff works is anecdotal just like your story. For every one of those stories about deer coming in from downwind while wearing scentlock, we could get another story about the same thing happening for a guy who'd been without clean clothes or a bath for a week.

I've had deer come in from downwind whilst I was squatted back up against a tree with my pants around my ankles and hoping I had enough TP left in my pack. It's not a hunting style I highly recommend though.[:-][&:]
Old 04-05-2004, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not to be a smart a$$ either, but the deer downwind from me aren't the ones I'm interested in. Nothing I can do about them. It's the other 75% that are upwind or crosswind from me that I'm after.
If I am reading this correct if a deer was to come in to you from down wind and persent a shot you wouldn't take it because thats not what you are after????
I can see it now a double drop tine buck comes into arthur stops 20 yards downwind broadside and he passes the shot because it isn't what he is after. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I am reading this correct if a deer was to come in to you from down wind and persent a shot you wouldn't take it because thats not what you are after????
I can see it now a double drop tine buck comes into arthur stops 20 yards downwind broadside and he passes the shot because it isn't what he is after. Correct me if I am wrong.
[>:]

Consider yourself corrected.

Quick Reply: Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.