Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Questtion about cyote >

Questtion about cyote

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questtion about cyote

Old 03-24-2004, 03:54 AM

Default Questtion about cyote

I've never seen one in my area, or even heard of any in my area, untill yesterday. I saw one running across a pasture about 2 miles from my house. I was wondering if he was just passing through or if they might start becoming a problem. How far do they roam and how fast do they reproduce?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about coyote

Run! Run for your life! Nah..... Seeing one coyote crossing the field doesn't mean they are starting to become a problem. Just consider yourself luckey.

Have the local farmers been having an issue with smaller livestock getting eaten?

Do you have a season in N.C. for coyotes? If so hunting them with calls can be really fun.

Unfortunatly, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they have 1 - 2 litters of pups per year. That's doesn't amount to very many pups per female with the mortality rate. Someone here probably can answer that question a lot better than me.

Another good place to post this question would be in the 'Small Game, Predator and Trapping' Forum. There are a good bit of coyote hunters that frequent that part of the msg board.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Questtion about cyote

I'd bet that coyotes were always there, you just now noticed one. As a general rule, coyotes are everywhere, just not always in large numbers. Coyotes are very adaptable I have seen them in back yards and in city limits. If you just now saw one, and don't hear much about them in your area, than you prabably don't have to many. I have quite a few. On occaions I get woken up at night by a pack of yotes in my back yard.[&:]
Old 03-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen numerous coyote's in my area but i've also seen them right in town .I usually don't see any more than one at a time .they are very adaptable to their surrounding's and also very bold .I don't have a season for coyote's here and am able to hunt them when I wish. They are also very illusive to man when they want to be .

nubo
Old 03-24-2004, 06:36 PM

Pets aren't safe in my neighborhood
Old 03-24-2004, 07:01 PM
PLB

On two occasions I have witnessed a coyote standing next to an eight foot fence and with one leap....I say again, ONE LEAP jump to the top of the eight foot fence, pause at the top of the fence, looking at me as I drove by and then jump into somebody's back yard.

The pets are deffinately not safe in my town.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:04 PM

A year or so back I remember reading an article in our paper (St. Petersburg Times) about a problem with coyotes at Tampa International Airport (not in the airport, but on the runways and such). This airport is not on the outscirts(sp?) of Tampa either. There also was one found swimming in Tampa Bay. Pets are none to go amiss too. Those things are everywhere.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:35 AM

Doin' a little yote huntin this weekend