Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question Hoyt Guys???? >

Question Hoyt Guys????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question Hoyt Guys????

Old 03-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Spike

Default Question Hoyt Guys????

I been out of bow hunting for a few years but I am going to start more next season,I have a Hoyt Striker which is like new but for some reason I want to start all new.My question is...are the new high end bows much differant shooting then my old Hoyt???? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:17 PM

Default RE: Question Hoyt Guys????

I really can't speak for the older bows as I have never shot anything but the new bows that are out today. The oldest bow I shot was a 2000 golden eagle. I can tell you though, the difference between that bow and the new Hoyt that I have now is like day and night. The Hoyt I have now is so smooth and great to shoot. I had a Mathews Legacy last year and sold it for the Hoyt Vipertec. I can say that the Hoyt line is much nicer to me then my Mathews was. The grip is thinner and just feels great in my hand. I think any of the Hoyt model bows that are out today would be a lot nicer then any of the bows that were around 4-6 years ago. The bows today are faster and just seem to be nicer. This of course is all just my opinion

Old 03-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

I think you will notice a much better accuracy especially at distances greater than 30yds if you were to upgrade.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Check some new bows out, but your Hoyt Striker is not that old and should be on par with most 2004 models.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with the bow you have, but I would recommend going to a good shop and shooting the new Hoyt's for a bit. That will tell you what you think. If the feel is that much better to you, then by all means, go for it.

From experience, I have shot a bunch of Hoyts. I can tell you that my Xtec feels much better for me than my 02 Cybertec did. Smooth, quite and scary accurate. I really enjoy shooting Hoyt. Very high quality and great customer service.

But don't jump on the new bow wagon until you shoot them. You may find that you will be content with what you have.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

my buddy has a striker and really likes it. his is really quiet and smooth to shoot. I would save your money for a year and get a 2005 or a used 04 next year.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Hoyt Striker which is like new
Unless you just feel the need to spend some money , I'd stick with the Striker! It's a nice bow! I think Mark Drury is still shooting his Striker.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

Stick with your Striker.

I had one.....loved it. I sold it to get my Razortec. Now I wish I would have kept the Striker.

It is one of Hoyt's best shooting bows.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely a different style of bow....longer, heavier and not quite as efficient as the current models. However, it is not old enough that I would consider getting a new bow especially if it is new condition.

As the others mentioned, take it to a reputable shop and get some new strings/cables put on. Also have them give it the once over. You should be fine.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I had a Striker, I'd stick with it. I like that riser and solid limbs FAR more than these new Tec risers and split limbs. Besides, you're not going to see a major difference in performance between your Striker and any new Hoyt.

Quick Reply: Question Hoyt Guys????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.