Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why can't I pull more weight?

Arthur,you shouldn't have any trouble with stand placement---just rip a decent tree out of the ground and put it where you want it![8D].How long did it take you to get all that green make-up off when you were done making the movie SHREK?[:-].
Old 03-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-22-2004, 07:42 AM

I am a 21yr old power lifter, everyone wants to lift more weight, but it doesn't matter if you draw 100lbs if you can't hit anything. the key is being able to draw SLOWLY and SMOOTHLY. If you can't hold your bow at full draw easily it's too much weight. Confidence, comes from accuracy, not strength.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:46 AM

Bowman, I shoot 56lbs on a Fred Bear Bruin Express, with Monster Buck ACA 4000=55/70 carbon arrows and muzzy 3 blade 125gr bh. and i hunt elk with that set up, and i have no prob putting one down. I think 60lbs is plenty of power. But that is just my opinion, you gotta shoot what you feel comfy with.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bowman2213

Trust me MAJay and newshooter I could drop both you chumps in a heartbeat and kick your ass with a bow LOL.

Everybody is so tough when they talk over a computer...
Old 03-27-2004, 10:24 AM

Get off the couch, lose the pink panties and shoot more often. If you shoot 60 on a frequent basis there's no reason you couldn't crank back a 70.
I shoot 70 comfortably, but I can muscle back my buddies 80 pounder.
I think you need conditioning.
Good luck.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:00 AM

bowman here's a neat little thing that i know will help bought one for my daughter 2 yrs ago, she couldnt pull more than 25lbs well after 3 months of using this she now pulls 50lbs and has also improved her shot placement, you can get these at cabelas or most sports shops ...... hope this helps deadshot

Old 04-01-2004, 06:10 AM
Spike

Try a parker ez draw.They are awsom .A lot of guys that shoot 60#find they can pull 70# with this bow with no problums.pan.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to say that shooting more regularly and any upper body exercise's will definetly help you out .There's lot's of exercises you can do without joining a gym. Arm's and shoulder's exercises are your target, so use your imagination and you'll be pulling more weight. Do your exercises regular and shoot regular and your on your way.

nubo
Old 04-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

and just can't get over that 60 or 61 pound pull without taking everything I have to get it back.
WHY... because you're just a weak little snot.[8D]

OK, first off, a man(or gal) has to know their limitations. All people are not created equal. YOU CAN do more if you start exercising to get you to your goal. Lift some weights, shoot more etc etc. The worst thing you could do is shoot more poundage than you can comfortably pull, hold and shoot. Unless your extremely small of stature and all that you should beable to raise that up to 70 in a short time. How far above that you go is another matter. It will take some work.

I had the opportunity to sit down with that Joella Parsons a couple years ago and chat for a while. She had just come back from killing a Cape Buffalo with her bow. Admittedly Joella isn't a tiny thing... but she's no body builder either. She worked her head off for a few months and was comfortable with her 90 pound bow to shoot her buffalo. So, there you go...work work work if you want more. Incidently... that girl is a riot and fun to sit around and chew the fat with. I saw her the next year and she had gone and made herself down right "Buff". She went on a diet, exercise program and all that in celebration of a divorce or something and was really a changed person... but still awfully dang funny.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.