Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech or not?? >

Bowtech or not??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech or not??

Old 03-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech or not??

Thanks again guy's. I'll have to check out the Patriot single cam so far that's where my leanings are although I have not fired a dually yet so it's still up in the air . As for arrow grouping I probably should start a new tread on that.

one BIG concern to me is about my Muzzy zero effect rest. I was told buy a dealer that a drop away rest will NOT work on a VFT type bowtech bow. I asked them if they tried a Muzzy and they said "no, but It probably wouldn't work either".
Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks Jim
Old 03-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

I was told buy a dealer that a drop away rest will NOT work on a VFT type bowtech bow.
If that's truely what you were told by the dealer, I think he may have an agenda - of what I'm not sure. I'm currently shooting the Patriot VFT single cam with the Drop Zone and it shoots great. I'm not aware of any reason the fall aways would not work with a VFT.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yes. that's what they told me at Olde English outfitters , Tipp city Ohio. (feel free to call them)
The reason was due to the limbs being too parallel. They said they have yet to have gotten one to work.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

The only thing the parallel limbs have limited me to is the use of traditional bow presses. I do better with portable presses or staionary presses that use cable action to pull the riser down. Since fall aways function via the cables, I'm not sure what their problem is.

Fritz
Old 03-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

JimBow:

I would say that if you are curious about the Bowtechs, then by all means you should at least shoot some to see what you think. As far as some of your original questions, the single cam Bowtechs have a very solid wall with the limb stops. The duals are a little less solid, but still pretty firm IMO. I owned a 2001 Pro 38 Dual Cam, and presently own a Pro 40 Wheely. Both have walls that are plenty firm enough. Neither of these duals have required any re-tuning after the cams were synchronized, let alone the "constant tinkering" that the ads for solo cams suggest. If you have an interest in a dual cam, you really won't have any trouble keeping the bow tuned. I owned two Mathews bows, and personally, I prefer the Bowtechs, but others may feel differently.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I may try to get out there this week to give them a look. As for the drop away I don't know what their deal was with telling me they won't work. Unless they were trying to talk me into buying a new rest. Thanks guys
Old 03-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jimbow ! I have had my 2004 Patriot dually for the same amount of time as you have ,I haven't had any time to get it out and shoot it but what I can tell you is that I have shot both .I find that the 2004 definetly does have a smoother draw than the 2003 ,it has a shorter valley and you really need to have a solid anchor point .The wall is solid and if that's what your used to I'm sure you'll love the dually .When I have a real chance to get out with it I'll post my finding's .The union that I work for has sent notice to the company that if we don't get our contract settled we will be on strike as of April 2nd. So I've been building up the strike fund.If this happen's I'll have lot's of time to give my new dually a workout but there is quite a difference between last years model to this season's.Try it out I'm sure you'll be impressed I am .

nubo
Old 03-14-2004, 07:55 PM

go champion, u wont regret it

YAH CHAMPION BOWS RULE!!!. . .the secret is out
Old 03-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leffler I agree the ChampionScorpion is a very nice bow as is the Diablo .I had a chance to handle all of the champion 2004 bow's from Brampton Archery and i was very impressed.

nubo
Old 03-14-2004, 11:26 PM

Jimbow, when comparing my '02Patriot single to my '03 Patriot Dually, the Dually was 14 fps faster with a 523 grain arrow. My '04 Patriot Dually came from the factory with the cams synched and tuned VERY well!!! I've only shot about 100 arrows with it so far due to weather but I haven't felt the need to change anything yet. If the cables settle a little more and I feel a "double bump" when reaching full draw, I'll need to twist the cable who's cam hits the wall first. In my experience with the Duallys, it will only take a 1/2 or 1 twist to make them perfect When shooting my '03 Pro40 Dually during the break in period, I shot quite a bit with the cams a little out of sync and still had very good accuracy out to 50 yards, your results may be different though according to shooting style and form.
Good luck with your choice

Quick Reply: Bowtech or not??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.