Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What was your longest............ >

What was your longest............

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What was your longest............

Old 03-09-2004, 01:53 PM

Default What was your longest............

shot at a target, and did you make the shot? Or do you have some funny story to tell about it?

Mine was a 110 yard shot at a McKenzie coyote target (novelty shoot at 3-D tournament). I have no idea how I did it, but I ten ringed it, shooting only 5 pins, fingers, and 230 fps. Actually, I took the shot, ate a sandwich, then watched it hit.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:55 PM

Default RE: What was your longest............

80 yds, 6 inch circle on broadhead target. Just playing around in the back yard
Old 03-09-2004, 02:30 PM
nub

3rd. anuall loonie shoot, moose camp, Ignace Ontario.[] From the lake, through the back yard, between the cabins, and across the driveway. Bullseye! Yes, we had lookouts and accomplished this safely. Kids, DON"T TRY THIS AT HOME. Your dad would kick your a$$ if you drank that much. Think it was around 80 yards.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

My longest was 112 yards at a McKenzie standing bear. It was a novelty shoot at a 3D tournament I was in. They had taken a nail and put it at the bottom of the 12 ring and whoever got the closest won a Summit Climber. I think my best was 1 1/4". The guy who won it was 3/8"......and he was shooting a recurve![:-][:-][:-]
Old 03-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

70 yards and just barely hit it. It was that banjino target. Can't spell it but i hit it

Also hit the wall behind it with another one, oops [:@]
Old 03-09-2004, 06:25 PM

115 yards at a skeet on a pond damn.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:38 PM

Roughly 90 yards on a McKenzie 3-D large deer target! Hit the thing really low, just about 1/2" above the bottom of the chest cavity. Shooting a Hoyt MT Sport at 244 f.p.s. with 3 pins set at 15, 25,35
Old 03-09-2004, 08:08 PM

i sucked reallt bad at shooting with my old bow. . . . i would shoot and then i could run and catch it it was so slow. . . .haha
Old 03-09-2004, 08:17 PM

eighty yards>5 0f 6 arrows in a McKenzie 3D target> the first one went just under the stomach into hay bales I had behind it, but I got my hold over just right on the second and copied on the rest. All the arrows were pretty much touching. I think that's possibly the proudest I've ever been in my life up until then. I impressed the heck out of my friends, seeing how I'm the city bow and they al live in the mountains and get to do what I can't whenever they want. And oh yeah that was just about the time I realized that I was addicted too.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:22 PM

And oh yeah, for anyone who can't afford a fancy new bow, that was with my first bow. It says point blank on it and not much else. It was old when I bought it used for cheap, and it is still my first love. Maybe it doesn't shoot an arrow at the speed of sound and have all the bells and whistles, but I will keep that bow til the day I die, or have a child or meet a special person who I will pass it along to.

Quick Reply: What was your longest............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.