Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What was your longest............ >

What was your longest............

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What was your longest............

Old 03-09-2004, 09:55 PM
nub

Default RE: What was your longest............

I believe that would be a ProLine EOTN.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Last summer, we had a McKenzie caribou set up way out there on our practice range for a bonus points shot. NOBODY would shoot at it. I never have met a target I wouldn't take a shot at, so after I turned in my scoredard I stepped up, jacked my ProTec up to put the point of the arrow about a foot over it's back, and shot. Couldn't see where the arrow hit. One guy said he thought I went low. I jacked it up a little more and shot. Still couldn't see the arrow. Went back to my original aim point and shot three more arrows.

By this time, there were a bunch of guys gathered around watching me shoot. About a dozen of them grabbed their bows and started whailing away at it. We finally saw one arrow stick in a hoof. When everybody had shot all they dared to, we walked up to look for arrows.

I had 2 arrows in the 10, 2 more just outside the 10 (about an 8" group) and one arrow sticking in the target's back. The arrow the other guy shot into the hoof was the only other arrow sticking in it.

One guy asked me what I'd shot it for. 'Heck if I know. I don't have any sights on my bow.'

Tab - $5. ProTec - $750. Arrows - $8 each. The look on their faces - Priceless.

After we'd shot, one fella just had to know. He went to the car, came back with his rangefinder and lazered it. 127 yards.

I've hit targets further than that, but that's my best long distance shooting with witnesses.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Spike

54 yds at a milk jug. Shooting down a hill to the lakeshore. 2 for 2.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was only about 50 yards distance, but it was 20 feet higher in elevation from where I shot from.
It was at a 3-d goat and I did it with my 40# recurve with no sights. I was very happy since I hadn't shot that far in years.
My girlfriend at the time was so impressed that she treated me to a steak dinner and BJ.

Makes a guy want to shoot straight, ya know.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

120 yards at a block out at my parents in the front yard. The only thing that stinks about shooting at distances like that is my arrows snake under the grass and are a pain to find. Most of them don't turn up until we fire up the lawn tractor to cut the grass
Old 03-10-2004, 12:49 PM

I don't do much long bomb shooting 50 yards is the longest i have ever shot......Our little homemade shooting range is right behind the pub in my hometown so usually every practice session we end by each taking a shot at the 50 yard mark. Who ever is furthest away has to buy a round of drinks after we are done shootin. The funniest thing i ever seen was my buddy say to me double or nothin, and i stuck er right in the bulls eye again....he was po'ed lmao. I would never shoot past 40 on a critter and i dont shoot competitions so its pretty useless for me to shoot long ways out. I shoot at 50 a bit just to get a bit of a better feel for my arrows flight.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:02 PM
nub

My girlfriend at the time was so impressed that she treated me to a steak dinner and BJ.
Got to love those steak dinners.[8D]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a 300 class in Deer Destroyer's back yard from my office - at least a 500 mile shot![8D]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

60yards on a hog.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 AM

Ive shot a novelty shot at the local 3-D an elk at about 110-120 yards, several times, Its still pretty tough to hit every time. Ive also got a Delta Grizzly target thats pretty big and I shoot it out to 90 or 100 yards sometimes for fun. But those shots are with a fast 3-D setup and a toxonics naildriver sight with a scope, so its an advantage.

Quick Reply: What was your longest............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.