Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow accessories tool box? >

bow accessories tool box?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow accessories tool box?

Old 03-05-2004, 06:17 AM
nub

Default RE: bow accessories tool box?

nubo; It has a large tray inside like and ordinary tool box. I suppose you could put your BH's there, but they would be unprotected. I purchased some smaller plastic boxes with dividers(like the 2 on the cover) for stuff like that. I keep those in the bottom, below the tray. I bought mine from a local sporting goods store for around 12 bucks. I found the pic on the Cabelas archery site so I know they have this model. I think they are over 20 bucks there.

If you were to dig through all your drawers and junk boxes, its easy to fill this box. I have everthing from fletching jig and clamps, rests, sites, feathers, arrow parts, you name it.

Great starter box. I think I need a larger one tho.[]
Old 03-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Plano makes a few different archery boxes. I have a small one that I bought at Wally World for about 6 bucks. It has 2 removable trays and a foam lining on one side where you can stick broadheads. I've got about 20 stuck in mine so it's not too small. I keep this box in a small duffel where I keep some of the other smaller accessories like releases and calls etc. Cabelas sells a couple that are under 20 bucks
I believe I have the same plano. Mine is an olive drab color. It is nice to take along when you go out hunting or to a 3D shoot or two but somewhat small to keep many of the larger archery gear. As some of the others suggested though, you could very easily get a larger fishing tackle box for this use.

Or, I also use one of those small gun cleaning boxes/setup trays to both work on a bow and store small odds and ends. It has two small sliding compartments along with four small bins and two rubber "arms" to hold the bow above the surface of the tray. Very handy.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I could use broadhead covers and store them in tray's seperately.I going to go out and pick one up today thank's alot guy's .

nubo
Old 03-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Spike

I use old M-16 ammo boxes that I retained from the Corps. They have a waterproof seal and are tough as boiled owl. Only problem is there are no seperate areas to store other things, but Hey! I have a ready supply of duct tape and cardboard. I can fix that!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:37 AM

Thank you everyone. The large Plano box looks like the ticket.
Len maybe expandables, but not 4 blade muzzies.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:21 PM

I use individual clear plastic boxes...the same I use for fishing and a soft sided bag. Mine works great, but if I was to buy another I'd get this

There's a Link Here with more built for archery stuff.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a soft sided tackle box that has the boxes that have adjustable dividers in them. Holds like 6 boxes. Only have 4 in it, that way I can fit some bigger items like my fletcher and pliers.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Dominant Buck

The dash board of my truck is working good for my extra broad heads. By spring I will finally get around to putting them some where.

Hey Len does the pocket thing work?
Old 03-05-2004, 08:42 PM

I just use my old Plano Tackle Box. The one with the 2 trays. Works great for all of my little odds and ends.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:38 AM

Fieldmouse:

Just stick a couple of fixed blade BHs in your front pants pocket. The first time you sit down, you'll know you didn't forget them.

Good shooting.