Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Disappointed with my Zero Effect! >

Disappointed with my Zero Effect!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disappointed with my Zero Effect!

Old 03-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Disappointed with my Zero Effect!

I put a new Muzzy Zero Effect on my Legacy yesterday and couldn't beleive when I got it home and found out that it was made almost intirely of plastic. I would have thought that for $100 you would get metal. Now don't get me wrong it seems so far to do the job but I worry about how durable it;s going to be. I guess only time will tell.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Disappointed with my Zero Effect!

I wouldn't judge it because of what it's made from. The space shuttle is plastic and glass and tin foil etc. The thing is a dream in the woods. You'll love it when you suddenly realize you could care less where your arrow is when you draw. Put a loop on and you can draw and let down all you want without your arrow falling off or clattering. Just make sure you covered the hook and everything with moleskin. There's plastic and then there's plastic and then there's more plastics. They all are created equal. This isn't a squirt gun you bought. Your biggest problem seems to be the bow you put it on.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your biggest problem seems to be the bow you put it on.
OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH thats a bit below the belt Dave[8D]
Old 03-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave I understand what you're saying but for the price I expected more. As far as the choice of bows comment I didn't know that there was another bow company besides Mathews.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:38 AM

Most likely, the rest is a "molded" rest made of acrylic resins or polycarbonate. I also highly doubt that the material is as strong as the "plastics" used in and on space vehicles and instruments. Plastics have a tendency to eventually malform and can break, especially when exposed for a prolonged period to extreme cold. Commercial acrylics and plastics often degrade over time.

I fully agree with you, gutshot. If I put out $100.00 for a rest, I want metal or high quality molded carbon.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I want to know why no one in my area will carry the thing. I'd like to check one out.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gutshot
Don't worry about what it looks like or that it has many plastic parts. That may well be the best $100 you spent.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:47 PM

Actually, a lot of the rest IS made out of material used on the space shuttle - Delrin. The engineer, Joe Angeloni, is a aerospace engineer for a large manufacturer.

And the only parts that are non-metal are the ones that have contact with the arrow. This keeps noise and vibration to a minimum.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Actually, a lot of the rest IS made out of material used on the space shuttle - Delrin. The engineer, Joe Angeloni, is a aerospace engineer for a large manufacturer.

And the only parts that are non-metal are the ones that have contact with the arrow. This keeps noise and vibration to a minimum.

I have read this before
Old 03-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it looks funky, but it will perform as advertised. I have had them on two different bows where I have traipsed through very rugged terrain in the mountains and tree tops without a single malfunction.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with my Zero Effect!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.