Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out! >

One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Old 03-03-2004, 03:51 PM

Default One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Ok, so I overstated it a tad! My wife knows very little about hunting and thinks I am friggin' crazy for owning more than one treestand and always needing 'just one more'. Her logic, if you want to call it that, is that I can only hunt from one location at a time, so why would I need more than one? This would be the place I would normally take a jab at women, but knowing there are several wonderful women in this forum, I will mind my p's and q's!

PLEASE, PLEASE, straighten out the ol' ball and chain for me!!!

How many do treestands do each of you currently own and regularly use?
Old 03-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

I currently have 6 lock on style stands, and about 5 climbers I think (last years count). I use my lock ons every time I hunt, but I only use 3 of my climbers regularly. 2 of the climbers I have are home made and uncomfortable and heavy as heck. So I only use them if I have to. I have recently purchased 1 more lock on stand and have 3 more on layaway. Hunters and stands are like women and clothes/shoes, you can never have too many.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:16 PM

Default RE: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Since I use only hangon stands, during the course of the season I may have as many as 8-10 different stand sights. I personally have 8 different stands at this time and usually pick 1 or 2 up if on sale somewhere. Looking to get 2 more.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well I need just one more to make it though the week then I'll have to start look'en again.

3 climbers
10 lock on
I can't count the ground blines or pem. one i've built over the years
Old 03-03-2004, 04:31 PM

I go through the same debate. I have 1 climber and 3 lock ons , had 2 stolen in last 3 years. still would like to have 2 or 3 more.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always have a funny debate with my girlfriend over stuff like that. We are always joking whether the hunting stuff I buy is a tool or a toy. I say they are tools. She says that they are toys.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:48 PM

A tripod, quad pod,9 ladder stands,4 hang ons,2 climbers,oh ya,1 two man ladder for me and the little guy,I thinks that all. Can never have enough stands I guess.He who has the most toys wins right?
Old 03-03-2004, 05:14 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

3 hang on stands and 1 climber.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:23 PM

Have flowers and baloons sent to her at her work so that she gets them in front of the people that she works with, they love that, with a note that says ( Just Because ) There is no logic in that, but it works every time.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:28 PM

4 hangers, a climber and 5 permanent

Quick Reply: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.