HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/54877-one-more-treestand-i-may-get-my-walkin-papers-help-brother-out.html)

rookelkhunter 03-03-2004 03:51 PM

One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Ok, so I overstated it a tad! ;) My wife knows very little about hunting and thinks I am friggin' crazy for owning more than one treestand and always needing 'just one more'. Her logic, if you want to call it that, is that I can only hunt from one location at a time, so why would I need more than one? This would be the place I would normally take a jab at women, but knowing there are several wonderful women in this forum, I will mind my p's and q's! :)

PLEASE, PLEASE, straighten out the ol' ball and chain for me!!!

How many do treestands do each of you currently own and regularly use?

Mike from Texas 03-03-2004 04:14 PM

RE: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

I currently have 6 lock on style stands, and about 5 climbers I think (last years count). I use my lock ons every time I hunt, but I only use 3 of my climbers regularly. 2 of the climbers I have are home made and uncomfortable and heavy as heck. So I only use them if I have to. I have recently purchased 1 more lock on stand and have 3 more on layaway. Hunters and stands are like women and clothes/shoes, you can never have too many. :D

bigdaddybowhunter 03-03-2004 04:16 PM

Since I use only hangon stands, during the course of the season I may have as many as 8-10 different stand sights. I personally have 8 different stands at this time and usually pick 1 or 2 up if on sale somewhere. Looking to get 2 more.

boldplate 03-03-2004 04:17 PM

Well I need just one more to make it though the week then I'll have to start look'en again.

3 climbers
10 lock on
I can't count the ground blines or pem. one i've built over the years

legacy02 03-03-2004 04:31 PM

I go through the same debate. I have 1 climber and 3 lock ons , had 2 stolen in last 3 years. still would like to have 2 or 3 more.

Elkcrazy8 03-03-2004 04:39 PM

I always have a funny debate with my girlfriend over stuff like that. We are always joking whether the hunting stuff I buy is a tool or a toy. I say they are tools. She says that they are toys.

Jacko 03-03-2004 04:48 PM

A tripod, quad pod,9 ladder stands,4 hang ons,2 climbers,oh ya,1 two man ladder for me and the little guy,I thinks that all. Can never have enough stands I guess.He who has the most toys wins right?

mez 03-03-2004 05:14 PM

3 hang on stands and 1 climber.

FingerTom 03-03-2004 05:23 PM

Have flowers and baloons sent to her at her work so that she gets them in front of the people that she works with, they love that, with a note that says ( Just Because ) There is no logic in that, but it works every time.

Hiawatha 03-03-2004 05:28 PM

4 hangers, a climber and 5 permanent