Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hip quivers?

Old 02-20-2004, 06:19 PM

Default hip quivers?

I was just wondering if you guys here actually go to the store to buy a hip quiver or if you just put a little something together to get by. My bowtech quiver took a dump [:@]. I haven't even shot it that much. If you do have a homemade quiver, then how did you guys go about making it? Also which quivers will fit on a bowtech bow? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:56 PM

Default RE: hip quivers?

I have used a cat quiver for years and decided last year that I would try a hip quiver so I bought a cheapie to see. I'm buying a good one before next fall, unless someone tells me how to put one together before then.
I hope there are some ideas out there.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only use a hip quiver 3D shooting, but Alway's a bow mounted quiver for hunting .I don't like to hear the arrow's clatter while walking through the bush early in the morn when it's so quiet.At least some bow mount's will detach and can be fixed to the tree.

nubo
Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 PM

I would go with the bow mounted quiver it would be quieter.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:59 PM

I prefer the cat quiver. Can carry everything in it arrows are secure and can manage the bow better in the tree. Also, while shooting 3-d or practice it is the same setup as I hunt with.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Have seen a couple of guys take a bow quiver off the bow and run a belt between the arrows and the quiver frame. They use it upside down kind of like a hip quiver. Not sure why, other than to get the weight off the bow.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Elk, I've used a bow quiver for a long time but never more than a 4 arrow quiver. I used a hip quiver two yrs ago and like the arrows being on my hip and not on the bow. It made the bow lighter. The only draw back is the arrows were too low on my leg and did move around quite a bit while walking. And they would hit brush and trees when walking thru the woods. Then you had to take it off when you got up in the tree stand. Last year I solved that problem. I dug out an old leather belt and mounted my bow quiver base to the belt with the screws. Now my arrows ride higher on my waist, don't move around near as much, and when I get to my stand, I can just disconnect it from the base, leaving the belt on.