Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Quivers?

Old 03-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default Quivers?

Do you guys favor bow quivers, side or back quivers? Please explain why you do.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:28 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Quivers?

Currently I use a side quiver. A bow quiver makes my longbow feel off-balance to me, and I've never kept one on it long enough to get used to it. I have used a bow quiver on a take-down recurve with no problems, and I plan on putting one on my new longbow when it gets here since the hunt I have planned for it pretty much requires a bow quiver. Back quivers look really "traditional" and work fine for tournaments, but aren't really practical for me for hunting--too much noise, and I like to take my quiver off when I get to my stand or blind. The side quiver isn't perfect--arrows get snagged when walking through thick stuff--but so far it's the best I have used for my hunting.

Catquivers are great for some folks in most situations, but I can't wear one comfortably--I built wrong for it. I plan on trying a Simmons Rotary quiver in the near future--a good friend (do I dare name him? lol--it's Tom-TN) has a similar build and he loves his. I am thinking it will be as close to perfect as I can get for the type hunting I usually do.

Chad
Old 03-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Side quiver that goes on my belt. Tried 'em all, and like it best.
But I have a new Lakota style coming soon, who knows?......................
Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 AM

I have three different quivers that I use. I have a hip for shooting 3D, I have a back for stump shooting and flinging arrows with the boys, and i just picked up a cat quiver for hunting this year.

I am quite a bit shorter than Chad so it works for me. I too can not stand to shoot my bow with a quiver on it. I hunted with a bow quiver last year but I would take it off as soon as I would get settled in the stand. If you try to stalk with one on your bow you will hit ever stick and weed with your feathers and on a cold crisp morning you might as well be banging a drum.

My 2 cents

KB
Old 03-16-2004, 09:49 AM

I use a side quiver (Art Vincent Large Cruiser) for 3-D, don't like a back quiver at all, and absolutely can not abide anything but a bow quiver for hunting. I'm serious, I don't see how anyone could use anything else to hunt with. If it wasn't for bow quivers, I guess I would carry a few arrows in my hand to hunt.

Darrel
Old 03-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

For shoots and roving,I use a hip quiver.For hunting,I use a cat-quiver.Before I went to the CQ,I was using a Great Northern strap-on that was pretty nice but I found I like shooting without a bow-mounted quiver-and the CQ is pretty slick.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:32 AM

I have always used a bow quiver and like the Great Northern alot keeps arrows in close and out of the way. But I have been using a back quiver in my target archery and like it also, may try it hunting some day.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jack Bowers Chief over the shoulder side/back quiver. I don't like quivers on my bow. Cannot stand the Cat Quivers. Arrows stick up too high and get hung up on tree limbs when I bend to go under them. Had a Simmons Rotary and didn't like it. It is too noisy and the rotary is not particularly user friendly.

Bill
Old 03-16-2004, 06:23 PM

Have a selway quiver on my long bow and does'nt seem to effect my shooting and the balance of the bow...

I like my arrows on the bow...
Old 03-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

I am a bowquiver kinda guy. I've used backquivers, catquivers, & sidequivers, but prefer a bowquiver for 99% of my hunting. One season (maybe my 1st year hunting w/a longbow) I was intent on using a leather backquiver. Early one morning I made my way thru the predawn darkness waaay up on a ridge to a tree that still had my climber attached. I hunted awhile, & when I got ready to leave I bungee-corded the backquiver to the Summit Saber stand & headed out for the truck. When I finally got there & unloaded the stand from my back, I discovered that all my arrows were gone from the quiver! Man, I was tired, but took off back up that ridge. It took me a long time to re-trace my steps & locate all my arrows (good thing I like hunting w/brite fletching). That was close to 10 years ago & the last time I hunted w/that type of backquiver. The catquiver, on the other hand, is great for hunting in incliment conditions, & I still use it some about every year. I expect one will accompany me to the Canadian barren grounds next year, I hear it can get sorta nasty up there sometimes.

Quick Reply: Quivers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.