Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny story

Old 02-16-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Funny story

Funny to me anyway.
I have never had a cell phone but my wife wanted me to start carrying one when I go hunting in case something happens to me. Well she set it all up for me, the ring tone and the vibration and such, and showed me how to set it on silent while I hunt. Well I set it all up, put it in my possibles bag and went to my stand and forgot about it. About 9:00 I was into "the hunt". It was real quite an I heard this, buzz buzz buzz, I thought wtf? Then I heard it again, close...real close, a chill ran up my back. wtf is that, its not a grunt. Then it buzzed again and I was looking right at it, in my bag. Yup, it was the wife....."what are you doing" she ask. [:@][:@]
Well I guess you would had to have been there[&:]
Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 PM

Default RE: Funny story

I hate that, my friends would call me to "chat" while i was hunting. They dont do it anymore, after me chewing them out when i see them in person. I also started turning my phones vibrate and ringer off, but its still on incase i need it.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can definetly see that ,your answer of course was what the h... do you think I'm doing .

nubo
Old 02-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the wife call once and I had forgotten to turn the ringer off.You know how loud they are in the woods in the morning.I kept telling myself,maybe the deer thought it was a bird.

She has never called me again since that one.

I do agree that they are a good idea.Especially if you hunt by yourself.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the other hand...

As someone who works in outside sales, it's a complete blessing. I keep it in my front shirt pocket, or somewhere handy, and either keep it on vibrate or just check it every once in a while for new voice messages.

Unless it's my boss, who calls less than once every two months, I know I'm good to go. Everybody else can wait 'til the next day. If it was a true emergency, they can leave a voice mail. You don't know how many voice mails I've checked from 20' up.

I figure it gave me an extra 60-70 hunting trips this past year. And, yep, you're right; I don't see near as many customers during hunting season.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

Been there too.........had a 2-way radio in my pocket and forgot about it. The static sounded like a bunch of wasps through my jacket. I jumped up and started looking around like a chicken trying to find this swarm that was about to attack.......

Boy did I feel stupid.

Fritz
Old 02-17-2004, 05:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I have been on conference calls up in my stand. You know the ones. You haveto be on them even though you don't have much to say. I do have one kill while on a call.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:20 PM

Ha, I still refuse to get one. Maybe when I graduate from here I will. That's pretty funny.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:34 PM

have to tell you guys I think I got a good one here. This year while at hunting camp my aunt and her boyfriend were doing a little calling. Either sex for elk was open at this time and after they called they sat there for a while. All of the sudden here comes these two cow elk. They're about 30 yards away and both had their rifles up and ready to get a clear shot and thats when it happened. My grandpa, who picks everybody up when they get out of the woods drives by gets on the two way radio and announces his presence. He says "just driving by." Needless to say the elk are still alive today and he's never gonna live this one down.