Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GKF Wisper Disk and new Arrow Catcher >

GKF Wisper Disk and new Arrow Catcher

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GKF Wisper Disk and new Arrow Catcher

Old 02-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Spike

Default GKF Wisper Disk and new Arrow Catcher

Today I recieved a Wisper Disk in the mail. It is everything that has been advertised. The material is soft and quiet surounding the arrow. It shoots accurate and smooth. Vanes flew great from it. No contact, no wear, no noise. Very sweet shooting. Material is closed cell to repell moisture, its also soft eliminate noise. I only had time to shoot about 4 dozen times through it but I was impressed with its accuracy and adjustabilty. You have windage and height adjustments on this mount. Also it is not left or right hand specific. Can be changed in matter of a minute or two.

I also recieved a new product called the Arrow Catcher. For all drop away rests a problem is the arrow resting on the shelf. Now GKF has a product to hold the arrow in place that is silent. It is called the Arrow Catcher. It is made of same material as the Wisper Disk and will be available soon. Here are some pictures:

Old 02-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: GKF Wisper Disk and new Arrow Catcher

The Arrow Catcher will be available in a couple weeks and cost around 5 bucks.

Yes it will work with the TT drop away. It will allow the launcher to pick up the arrow smooth and quiet. The material around the arrow is soft and will let the arrow come up. Actually if you turn the bow up side down the arrow will slip out by itself. You will love it.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Spike

After being able to shoot the Whisper Disk for a couple weeks I am very impressed. Hope the picture shows a better view for you than the ads.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:46 PM

Have they started shipping fulltime yet.

Many waiting.

T
Old 03-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

5 Star,
I'm sure the "Whisper Disk" is going to be a servicable hunting rest just due to the full containment alone, GKF makes some good stuff........but how can you say that you are getting "No Contact"? Even if you turn your nocks EXACTLY correct, if you are not shooting straight fletch you HAVE to get contact right?. If your nocks are turned just a bit wrong or you're shooting offset or helical fletch, then it appears that contact would be inevitable.

I can see the black smudge up the side of your white vane in the picture from contact.......and it looks like they are possibly rippled?

Do you think this rest might be better for smaller straight vanes/mechanicals type set-ups VS. large fletch/helical/fixed head set ups? I wouldn't want to spend an hour fletching up a dozen shafts only to smash em' up the first day of practice.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Spike

Matt, sorry my typing mistake. I didnt mean to put in no contact, glad you caught that for me. Also the picture is one of my buddies set ups with the Whisper, his pictures turned out lot clearer than the ones I took so I used his and I dont know what he has shot for rests to ripple the vane.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-27-2004, 08:28 AM

Now they are shipping.I have one![8D]

I posted on (Technical Forum)

Great Rest!