Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how long does it take to break in a new string.. >

how long does it take to break in a new string..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how long does it take to break in a new string..

Old 02-14-2004, 06:34 PM

Default how long does it take to break in a new string..

i have a new string on my bow....how long does it take to break in the new string...a few shots or more.....and one more question...i draw back then i letoff and up towards the idler wheel it is making a noise...then i started listening closer then it might be the strings i shoot a solo cam bow.....wright where the strings ......cross at above the the cable guard towards the idler wheel....sounds like the strings is rubbing together......is it because the string is new....needs to be broke in......will silencers on the string take the noise away....it is hard trying to find the noise.....bare with me on this one...need help..thanks
Old 02-15-2004, 10:27 AM

Default RE: how long does it take to break in a new string..

Depending on the string of course, most strings will settle in somewhere around 200 shots.
Now.....for the strings rubbing together and making noise!!! That is NOT normal. Stop shooting or drawing the bow immediately and get it to a professional for observation. I can only guess what is wrong, like maybe the string is not the correct length or your cam's bushings are shot or something like that!
Once again, stop and get it to a professional.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:27 AM

wright above the cable guard slide where the strings cross at...thats where the strings look and sound like they are rubbing...but when you take the cable guard off and pull it back and letoff there is no noise...i just wonder if the strings need to be broke in or loosen up...will this solve my problem...

Old 02-15-2004, 11:30 AM

browning put on new limbs, and a new string put new bushings in to.....i only shot this bow 2 times.....

it is a browning tornado...here is the pic