Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Mathews is better, LX or Outback? >

Which Mathews is better, LX or Outback?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Mathews is better, LX or Outback?

Old 02-12-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Which Mathews is better, LX or Outback?

I plan on buying a new bow in June of this year, and am seriously thinking about a Mathews. My main question is, which bow is a better all-around bow? The LX or the new Outback?? I plan on hunting primarily whitetails and possibly turkey.

thanks

slayer
Old 02-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Mathews is better, LX or Outback?

Shoot em both! Whatever feels best for you! I doubt you will be disappointed either way. For hunting I would think the outback would appeal better to you being shorter.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I haven't shot the LX, I shot the Outback tonight. Not knowing what your shooting experience is, I would say that the extra 1" of brace height would be a plus. Also, I think the shorter A to A would make it much more manuverable. The Outback is very quiet and smooth, but I could detect some resonation through the riser after the shot. I was a little disappointed in this considering their claim to fame is their harmonic dampning system. That's exactly what I could feel after the shot was resonative (sp?) vibration through my hand, it was not severe but it was definitely noticeable.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just make sure your not buying a bow for the name.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:37 AM

Shoot them both and a few other brands and pick the one that feels the best to you. I have not shot the Outback so I can not comment on it. I do own a LX and I like it.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot both and am buying an Outback. I like the shorter bow.

Mike the vibrations you feel might be what makes it so quiet. All that rubber soaking up the noise will vibrate. Just my take on it. I read a book by a master bow hunter who states that he wants the quietest bow possible, even if he has to sacrafice a little speed.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

I shot them both last night side by side for several shots ( also shot the Ovation and my own Q2). When it was all said and done, I looked at the bow shop owner and told him to order me an Outback. I absolutely loved the Outback. Only you can make the decision. Buy what fits you and don't worry about what others think. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:51 PM

I have shot them both and I'm buying an Outback. I like the shorter bow. I don't realy know what vibrations Mike felt. Maybe the bow he shot was set higher lbs. than what I shot . Anyway I love the outback.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bow I shot was set on 73# and shooting a 450 grain arrow. It was totally rigged out including a Vibracheck stabilizer, limb savers and cat whiskers.

My understanding is that the brass dampers are there to absorb the shock and isolate it from your hand.

As I said earlier, it's not horrible by any means, but it was there.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:55 PM

Mike......I think you got a dud !!

I have had both bows and here is my take.......

The LX has a slightly smoother draw and a slightly longer valley ! It is also is a little more stable !!

The Outback (although not on paper) is virtually as fast 1-2 fps..........has a better brace height (no arm smacking)........is definately deader on the shot (most vibration free bow I have shot ever)..........more compact for hunting........and is quieter !!

You need to shoot both.........but IMO the Outback is the nicer bow all around !!

Quick Reply: Which Mathews is better, LX or Outback?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.