Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 3D target and kill zone

I think I remember hearing some of the archery "salts" talking about how the older targets had high kill zones and that these zones are in fact lower on newer animals.

Fritz
Old 02-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

And then put one at an angle. If you shoot like you want to KILL a DEER... you'll score a big 5 on a 3D course.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:56 PM

Best target for accurate kill zones are the Rhineharts. They have kill zones all over them.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:08 PM

I think the kill zones are higher than I would aim on a real deer.
Thats why the bottom 1/4 of my Mckenzie is shot to peaces and worthless, while the top 3/4, which includes the replacable core, is flawless. I really wish all 3D makers accross the board would lower that 10 by about 4-5 inches
Old 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the newer Rhinharts and Mckenzies have perfect kill zones for perfect groundlevel broadside shots.They are center of the lungs,what more could you ask for.That is the largest kill area.Sure you can go lower to catch heart but the lungs are what you want.

Some of the older targets seem to have some odd placement but in general they are placed properly now.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 AM

TFOX, middle of the lungs is not where I aim, I aim as low as possible, you can't go wrong you either get heart, lungs or both
Old 02-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot about this thread,I want to make a small response.

The heart is great but will increase track time and distance but you should have a good blood trail.

You hit the lungs,the deer can't breathe and will go down much quicker.

Both is great and hitting the 11 ring should catch the top of the heart if using a decent broadhead and that will provide the largest kill zone.A 12 ring in an ASA shoot is a bit too far back but an 11 ring is great.

You want to increase the size of the kill zone as much as possible and center lungs is the best place to aim for that.

I agree that if I have an extremely close deer that is nervous,I will lower my point of aim slightly to insure,if the deer ducks to run,it will be a center lung hit.Reading the animals behavior in this type situation is important.

Look at this link and reference it to the placement of the kill zones,I think you will agree. www.rinehart3-d.com/targets17.html
Old 02-14-2004, 09:49 AM

The heart is great but will increase track time and distance but you should have a good blood trail.

You hit the lungs,the deer can't breathe and will go down much quicker.
I will agree with that, its amazing how much land they can cover with a hole in the heart!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.