Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How well do you group? >

How well do you group?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How well do you group?

Old 02-10-2004, 11:36 AM

Default How well do you group?

I was wondering how well you guys can group at 20 and 30 yards, with your hunting setup. I am currious as to how well I should be able to group with a well tuned bow. Probably touching arrows at 20 yards? Thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How well do you group?

On a good day I can put three arrows inside a 2.5 inch circle. At 30 I usually stay inside 4 inch. I'm sure other shoot better groups but I've only been shooting for 3 years. And I've greatly improved so far. I hopeing to get even better this season when I ditch the peep sight and go with a no-peep
Old 02-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

On a good day I shoot golf ball size groups at thirty and on a bad day I shoot tennis ball or baseball size groups at thirty.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:15 PM

shot a 298 49X last night.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:19 PM

A two inch group is my average at 30 yards. I don't shoot groups at twenty.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:21 PM

It depends on how much I have been practicing. If I am practicing an 1hr or so each day, I can hit my nock almost every time at 30-40yds. However, I rarely have that kind of time anymore, so my typical groups are 2-3 inches at 20yds and 4-5 inches at 30yds.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually shoot a 1" group with 3 arrows at 20 yards but i hate refletching so I don't do that too often and at 30 yards I am about 2". I started by sticking a golf tee in a target and trying to drive it through. Once I could do that my groups were tighter then ever. It's true what they say, aim small miss small.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, it depends on how much I've been practicing. Take today. I just go my bow back from Lens. Sent it in for an end of season overhaul, cables, strings, axles, new Muzzy slide, peep, leeches etc. Anyway, first test was paper. He had it shooting bullet holes. Next test was sights. Needed to adjust a little. Well, by now I've shot all of 20 arrows maybe. I'm beat. I do it every year. As soon as I get in a tree I stop practicing like I was before the season. I was having a hard time getting 4 in a row in a bullseye at 20. I'd stack 2 or 3 and then PUSH<>>> YANK>>> PULL .... it just wasn't pretty. I'll start shooting daily when the snow goes and get it back. I shot 40 arrows or so and called it quits. The bow is shooting great..... the shooter sucks.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:13 PM

Shot a 296 33x last wednesday...Hope to improve that now that I'm getting a little more use to my Liberty. I'm tied for third and this is my first ever league shooting

It's just that most of the people there can barely hit the 4 ring on a conistant basis...kinda makes me sick to my stomache that they even go out hunting shooting that terrible. I just don't want to say anything to them and sound like an butt.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:39 PM

I wish i could say the same about some of you. Im lucky if im stayin with in a 4 inch diameter at 20 yds. But I know what my prob is so here before too long ill be shooting pretty accurately.

Quick Reply: How well do you group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.