Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 post season blues >

post season blues

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

post season blues

Old 02-05-2004, 06:58 AM

Default post season blues

well iam ready to go hunting but it aint till next september i have a new bowtech and cant even go hunting with it.. only thing i have been doing is aruging with my brother saying he can out shoot me with his martin[] i could out shoot him with a longbow.. he is one of those guy if he dont have it, it aint no good.. but last year was my second year bow hunting and i shoot three deer........ he only shot one and missed 4...wounded one and who the better shot...i have a new camcorder and the snow is 6 foot deep so i cant even go tape something... o well turkery season is comeing so i think i will test out the new bowtech on some big toms... any body else have the bowhunting blues
Old 02-05-2004, 07:06 AM

Default RE: post season blues

I hear ya Onieda, post season just plain stinks around here. The weather has been, well, crappy really and I can't stand having to think about waiting until OCTOBER here in Ohio. I am going to try baggin me a turkey this spring. Hope it gets hunting on my mind. I am excited to start scouting this new 400 acre plot for next season. The owners have been begging for somebody like me to come out and hunt it. Now that the bow is hung up on the wall, the catfish rod and reel are getting dusted off here soon.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I don't know how it is in your state but I have now moved onto coyote hunting and then I will move on to crow and then turkey and then bowfishing until next archery season. Find something to hunt
Old 02-05-2004, 09:22 AM

Think I might try coyote this year. Sounds like fun
Old 02-05-2004, 12:09 PM

[8D] I'm scouting my brains out through ice, sleet, snow and all that crap. Talk about a good aerobic workout! Besides that I too am just learning about coyote hunting. So far, I'm a beginner with coyotes but I have a good base of knowledge now since I've taken the initiative. No body count yet!!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I felt that way a couple years ago & then started going south to Bowhunt Hogs/Javies & other Exotics available different places. It gets me away from the cold & snow (midwest). I am fortunate to be retired (from real work) now & just make Bowhunting videos-I have really been blessed.
Try some hog hunting fellas-it can get your blood pumping just like a good Whitetail. Lots of reasonable places to go.