Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feeders???Why??

Old 02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feeders???Why??

I know you aren't supposed to bash individuals on these forums but I think bow huntr and nub may diserve some. They ARE close minded and there is no need for imflamatory remarks like they are throwing. I 'll start by saying that NY can't use feeders and I wouldn't use one if I could (most likely??), but I would never criticize or complain because others do it legally. There is no need for it. Why must u criticize - next you will be yelling at those who use a rifle or a pistol to hunt. I like the idea of food plots better because you have more invested in them and they are more "natural", but, again if feeders are legal, they are LEGAL and ok to use.

I don't think bow huntr was looking for insight or info - just to stir things up and it serves no purpose.

Happy hunting - however you do it
Old 02-01-2004, 09:20 PM

Excuse me? Since when did everything that is legal become totally ethical? And when you say that we shouldnt bash, you go ahead and do it? You make no sense! I didnt start to critisise anyone until they started to bash me, doesnt make it right but still, how can you say that? Get off this forum and dont post anything unless you get past the training of using a crayon first jack a$$!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:42 PM

Can't we all just get along????????

Some food for thought - Whether it's a feeder, plot, natural standing crop, big juicy oak, etc, any of these can be taken advantage of, but there's always a balancing act that takes place after the shooting starts - deer will avoid these areas when pressured. Deer always have the option of visiting a corn pile in total darkness, and that's why it's legal in most places. Game biologoists know that the deer will quit showing up in daylight before they let you shoot them all.

To illustrate, turkeys do not have the option of feeding in darkness because they have to roost, therefore baiting is illegal for turkeys in most places, even where it is legal for deer. Hmmmmmm.

bow_huntr and nub, I think you guys have good intentions, but feeders are ethical and practical in many or most cases. I hope you guys can be open-minded to that fact.

Good luck everybody!!
Can't you just feel the love?????[:-]
Old 02-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have noticed that most people that are against feeders are people who hunt where it's illegal. If they can't do it, they don't want you doing it. How about let's outlaw compound bows, carbon arrows, camo, scent loc suits, calling, use of scents, scopes, fiber optic sights, etc. Maybe I should decide it's not ethical to use those things. The problem is they don't know what the hell they're talking about, just trying to stir up things.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:04 PM

But in all reality, feeders are for the more lazy hunters. Case closed.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:21 PM

Case is not closed.

I agree , a lot of people have let feeders take the place of good old -fashioned hunting skills, but with more and more hunters and smaller and smaller pieces of land, sometimes it's the ONLY way to have any reasonable chance for a shot. I hunt on a lease that's 1-1/2 hours away for two reasons:

1) better chance to find mature bucks

2) I only have permission to hunt an open pasture that's close to home.

I DO NOT have feeders on the lease, I prefer to scout available, natural preferred food sources.
However, on the pasture behind my house, feeders are the ONLY way to bring deer off the next property out in the open. It's not lazy, it's the only way!

I think you should not be so stereotypical. In YOUR hunting situation, using a feeder might be a "lazy" approach, and I would ALSO rather a guy use his skills to get a deer rather than a chum-bucket. But saying that ANYONE who uses a feeder is being lazy shows an utter lack of good judgement.
Free advice : Learn to be more open-minded before your credibility goes completely down the drain.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys don't want to use feeders, don't use them. Case closed.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: isatarak

If you guys don't want to use feeders, don't use them. Case closed.

Here , here !
Old 02-01-2004, 11:18 PM

After hearing all the views, my stubborn selfish ass has come to this. I now know more about the subject and will no longer bitch about it. FINAL
Old 02-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: bow_huntr

Get off this forum and dont post anything unless you get past the training of using a crayon first jack a$$!
that really gets a lot accomplished - you are really showing your true colors now

maybe you need a time out - i'll be sure not to respond to any of your posts again - don't want to hurt ur feelings and make you start namecalling, crying, whining, ........

have fun in your own little world

Quick Reply: Feeders???Why??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.