Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tomorrow is the last day >

tomorrow is the last day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tomorrow is the last day

Old 01-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default tomorrow is the last day

Im gonna sit tonight, where depends on the wind direction at that time, and see what happens. If I dont kill one tonight, tomorrow Im gonna sit, again depending on wind, and then try to stalk a bit. Well, kinda, Im gonna walk slowly down through a huge thicket down by a little pee creek.
Id I dont kill anything down there Im gonna try another thicket on a hillside. Walk that really slow and try to find one.
Then if nothing there, Im gonna try another hill side thicket on the property beside the other hillside. Again, if nothing there, Im gonna walk a couple fence rows that they sometimes bed down in and then across a hedge row as well as a woods beside a bigger creek that turnes into another hillside that they bed on.
I guess Im gonna stalk the spots where I would expect them to bed in because they sure as hell aint movin durring daylight. So, thats my plan. Last day, might as well give it all I got!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:11 AM

Default RE: tomorrow is the last day

Good luck! I'll be out tomorrow as well. But I just checked the weather & it's supposed to be 3 degrees with a wind chill of -12 or so at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I think I may huddle in the ground blind rather than sit in the wind 25' up a tree.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:13 PM

Still hunt nice and slow deerhuntr107. Windy conditions will favor you if you play the game cautiously. I've found many a deer bedded on the leeward side of a wind break. Work a few areas incredibly slow and you might suprise yourself with a big one dozing. JMO, but it seems like you might be trying to cover too much territory because of last day pressure. Go easy my brother and good hunting.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I already got my doe so I got meat. Im gonna take your advise and go as slow as I can and keep my eyes and ears open. Im gonna hunt all day and cover as much of what I listed as I can in the day. These hill sides arent very big but they are fairly thick. Im gonna go slow and work as much as I can and enjoy the snowy sceanery for the last day.
Plus, Ill get to see what the rabbits are doin as I got all of Feb. to kill them
Old 01-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Tomorrow is our last day too. Len and I went this morning. I saw NOTHING... he saw one. He called me on the radio and said he just shot one. About an hour later I gathered my stuff to go help him drag. He said he could handle it alone. Seems this little twig popped right out in front of his arrow deflecting it downward. He returned to the truck with a tuft of hair off the bottom of the deers chest and a foot long piece of just under a quarter inch in diameter twig. The Muzzy did a real neat slice job. Cut it off just like pruning sheers. I don't know if he's going to mount it or what... but he carried it home.[:-] YUP... the world is coming to an end.... LEN MISSED. Dang, that's is indeed a rare deal. When it hit the limb it made a noise just like he hit deer. He watched him run thinking he'll go down now... now >.... NOW....NOW.....NOT!!! I was real nice and didn't razz him at all. It's kind of hard to razz someone who's whacked 18 or 19 deer with the bow this year. We're going to try plan "U" or "V" or are we up to plan "Z". I forget.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:52 PM

Len missed huh? Don't hear that much. And he is still shy of the 21, or 22 that he killed last year isn't he?

I for one saw 14 deer last night, but no shot opportunities.
I will be out tomorrow for the last day of the year.

Gonna get in around 7-8 and wait for the warmest part of the day and see if they move. Gonna be cold!

Good luck last dayers!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to you both. Let us know how you do [:-]
Old 01-30-2004, 07:42 PM

And he didn't see that twig??? How unethical of him to take that shot.....
Old 01-31-2004, 06:37 AM

GroundHunter: That twig is one of the reasons I was fairly adament about your lost dear. Low lite, distance shots, are at best risky. Here you have a perfect example. Len's an accomplished bow hunter and yet we know that he walked home with a tuft of hair and a shaved branch. He probably will mount that twig. It will be a constant reminder to him that one little twig cost him dearly and almost maimed a deer to boot. We have not heard the details about his miss but he does know that ethical,well placed shots is always the goal we should strive for. That is why he carried that twig away with him. Learn the lessons and we will all have more success. Len learned and davidmil knows his buddy learned. He kept his mouth quiet and that speaks knowledge.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

But he's going to mount the twig.... so it's not a bad shot. In fact... it was down right perfect.[:-]

Quick Reply: tomorrow is the last day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.