Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great Deals

Old 01-30-2004, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great Deals

I have been checking out the archery stuff in our local Wal-Mart here in Idaho. All of the items are on clearance. Don't shy away because it is Wal-Mart. There are some name brand stuff at ours. Muzzy, Doinker, Limbsaver to name a few. I was able to get stocked up for next season. For a fraction of what it would cost me paying normal price at the archery shop. If you like to use wisker bisquits, they have them for 13.00 and the cobra machined aluminum sights for 13.00. I can't believe some of the prices. Just thought some of you might benefit.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:35 AM

Default RE: Great Deals

[8D] [8D] Thanks Elk, I'll be heading to mine today.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope no one gets offended or takes this the wrong way and don't get me wrong Walmart is ok and i have bought archery related items from them if it's something my local archery shop doesn't carry or have. However, i really try to support my local archery shop even if i have to pay a little extra to do it. Walmart and other retailers are killing a lot of archery shops. Walmart doesn't do any bow work or at least around here they don't and the people in there know very little if anything about archery. I try to do most of my own bow work but there are times i need the help of a professional , so i personally think we need to help and support our bow shop guys. I've seen guys go to Walmart and buy a bow and or accessories and then go to the local bow shop to have them put on their bow and have their bow tuned and then get mad at what the bow tech charges them, for some reason that just doesn't seem right to me. I don't know about other bow shops but the local guys here will bend over backwards to help you and if you buy from them it may cost a few dollars more up front but most of the time they will either do the work for free or charge very little. I can't count the times i've been in the local shop and needed help and the guy there fix me up and when i say how much do i owe you he says "nothing, your a good customer" Don't misunderstand me here i'm not bashing this post or anyone who buys from Walmart because like i said i too buy from Walmart from time to time. Just my thoughts!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, happens every year. You can usually get some really decent stuff for really cheap prices...both Kmart and Walmart.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mykey, I know what you are saying.....but when I can pick up some limb savers or leaches for more than half of what the proshop sells them it is a no brainer.

Our local walmart put everything on sale in december after the slug season was over. They must have thought all seasons were over or something.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:42 AM

Yes, same here. I like to support a local shop, but not everywhere has one. In my case it's about 35 miles away and I don't like the attitude of the owner...therefore, I'd just as soon buy things like b-heads, limb-savers, or whatever else for 1/2 the price.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Idaho there is only one shop in the city and when you go there you better bring the vasaline. The bow shop that I like to go to is 30 miles away. In fact I told them about Wal-Mart and they went and cleaned them out because the prices were less than what they could get them for. The bow shop in which I normally go to has received about 2,000 dollars of my hard earned money in the last year. They know that I am loyal to them and they also understand that I have the right to shop around. When you are talking about an 11.00 per pack of broadhead savings and you are buying 12 packs. I dont think anyone would have to think long and hard. I am going to be shooting in some major tournaments this year and doing alot of traveling. Anything I can save will help me in my cause. I understand the part about being loyal. I also didn't mention anything about buying a bow there either. These were all accessories that I mentioned. I am not offended in the least by your comments about loyalty however I just wanted to give others out there who are on a budget a way to get the quality items that the animals deserve. The people who are concerned about money issues probably will not make or break the archery shop. I have been involved with many salesman in my line of work and I have seen where loyalty can get you. Inflated prices and extra gear gadgets that you don't need. The industry is like any other. It has its good eggs and its bad eggs. While almost all are good there are still a few bad. I have made it a common practice to show loyalty with caution. I like to , in a subtle way, let the seller know that this is not the only option that I have. I have heard horror stories from people in the area who were loyal to a certain bowshop. What I am saying is loyalty goes in both directions. The people in the bowshop in which I travel to has treated me great and we have a good friendship. My next bow purchase will be from them again and not Wal-Mart. They know as well as I do, that when the broadheads go on sale at Wal-Mart next year. My shopping cart will be full. Another thing that I failed to mention is that I have brought ALOT of business through the bowshops doors and in return they have cut me some deals. This is not one of those lengthy posts because I am upset. I just wanted to give you my point of veiw.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:05 PM

Hey Elkcrazy, thank you for the great info about the savings, I think I will stock up on some muzzys as they get to be pretty pricey come hunting season.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:05 AM

Elk-

Thanks i dropped into my local walmart today after reading your post and stocked up on the archery equipment! Now i can use the extra money i saved to go to some arrows. Thanks for the nice tip, and dont worry about the loyalty thing, if you can save money do it. Not all of us live on a bountiful budget thats for sure
Old 01-31-2004, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Great Deals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.