HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Great Deals
Thread: Great Deals
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 06:00 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Great Deals

I hope no one gets offended or takes this the wrong way and don't get me wrong Walmart is ok and i have bought archery related items from them if it's something my local archery shop doesn't carry or have. However, i really try to support my local archery shop even if i have to pay a little extra to do it. Walmart and other retailers are killing a lot of archery shops. Walmart doesn't do any bow work or at least around here they don't and the people in there know very little if anything about archery. I try to do most of my own bow work but there are times i need the help of a professional , so i personally think we need to help and support our bow shop guys. I've seen guys go to Walmart and buy a bow and or accessories and then go to the local bow shop to have them put on their bow and have their bow tuned and then get mad at what the bow tech charges them, for some reason that just doesn't seem right to me. I don't know about other bow shops but the local guys here will bend over backwards to help you and if you buy from them it may cost a few dollars more up front but most of the time they will either do the work for free or charge very little. I can't count the times i've been in the local shop and needed help and the guy there fix me up and when i say how much do i owe you he says "nothing, your a good customer" Don't misunderstand me here i'm not bashing this post or anyone who buys from Walmart because like i said i too buy from Walmart from time to time. Just my thoughts!