Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!! >

TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 11:24 PM

Default RE: TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzz I don't remember where I found it, but I was looking on the internet and their is a website that sells them. They are stainless steel boxes that have reinforced chain mounts and are supposed to be incredibly tough. Look around and I am sure that you can find them.

The Moultire I had worked good for awhile. I was getting good pics, a little dark, but not bad. Out of nowhere I started getting pics of nothing. Then it turned to the point where I would have a deer set the camera off and the picture button would stick which would take the entire roll of film then. After that, it got to the point where as soon as I loaded a roll of film in it, it just snapped pics until it was done, even if it had no reason to be triggered.

I can't wait to get my Digital Stealth cam. I will be getting a 256 MB card for it, plus I will be getting the solar panel and rechargeable batteries. I am looking forward to being able to leave it up for LONG periods of time without the problem of running out of film. Heck, this past year, my regular Stealth cam maxed out at 99 pics in less than one week, I won't have that problem with the digital. Also, Stealth has a good customer service crew. I called yesterday to see what solar panel would hook up, and the person I talked to didn't know for sure. He put me on hold and asked around, but since the camera is so new, he couldn't find anyone that knew which one it took. He took my name and number, and he said that he would call the lab to find out. Well, he called back today, but I wasn't home so he is calling back tommorow.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:23 AM

I really want a safe reliable cam that will show me deer I have never seen before, If I had one, I could spend less time scouting, and Its just interesting to see what gets picked up.DIgital or manual?
Old 01-31-2004, 08:21 AM

bow_huntr,

I must tell you that getting a game camera doesn't mean that you don't have to scout as much, actually, it actually makes you scout more. A picture is just that, a picture, it doesn't tell you where the deer is headed, or where it is bedding. It doesn't tell you what that deer is eating, where it gets water, ect.. It simply tells you that the deer was in that area.

I use my camera for find the bigger bucks. I set them up in a bunch of spots and then see which area has the biggest bucks. Then, I scout that area religiously.

There is nothing that can compare to actually getting out in the woods and looking around. Like I said, use the camera to find the area that has the deer you want to hunt, then scout that area as best as you can.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jason,
What did you say was the price of the ditital you were getting and what's the link to it if you don'tmind.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:33 AM

I was thinking about getting the Cuddeback, but after hearing some stories about it having blue lines in the pic on daylight pics, I decided to go with the Stealth.

Here is the link to that Cuddeback.... http://www.allaboutfishing.com/store...oductID=420769

Here is the link to the Stealth digital (the one I am getting)... http://www.bossbuck.com/products/survey/cam-digrc.html

The main reason the Stealth digital is better is because you can spend $60 and get a solar panel that will recharge your batteries while you camera is set-up.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does it use infrared or white flash? Looks like it's not infrared capable.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:28 PM

They both use standard white flash on them. The infrared flash cameras are nice, but I like color photos. Also, I havn't noticed deer getting really spooked by the flash. A few pics have spooked deer from my regular Stealths, but the deer always come back.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the advice. Buckmagnet, your right it makes scouting more of a process, and being in the woods using those pics to your scouting advantage rather than being indoors guessing what the conditions are is the only way to go,really. We have had a problem with people trespassing on our good friends land. There could be lots of people taking deer out there when we arent hunting which makes me sick.Anyway, moving to SC in a couple weeks and need to find an area to strictly bowhunt around Columbia area, which I think might be a little tricky.Thanks and good hunting.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Buck Magnet, did the guy from Stealth call you back, if so what did he say about
the solar panel?
I got my Stealth digital yesterday and was also wondering which panel I need.

I cant get their e-mail to work, Ive sent them messages but they keep getting
returned.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I was just wandering how many people own a stealth digital, what problems have you had if any, what is the batter life expectancy using flash on the camera and motion sensor. how will you lock it up? thanks as I was thinking of getting one. I currently own a photo scout and I am very pleased with it and the ability to lock it up. It takes great pictures, never falses, and has outstanding battery life. I purchased mine direct from them at a reduced price i think around 250.00. The only down fall is you gotta get film developed which can be costly. Lets face it though, if any predator wants your camera they will cut the tree down and get it no matter what security system you have. To help prevent this I take a stick ladder at place mine above eye level aiming downward to help prevent people from readily spoting it. thanks for any replies.

Quick Reply: TRAIL CAM ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.