Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunters

Old 01-27-2004, 03:11 PM

Default bowhunters

what do you all think about rifles
Old 01-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rifles rule

No one is going to try to change your mind. If your happy rifle hunting, I'm happy for you.

No one but yourself can decide if bowhunting is for you.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like rifles. Especially when they've got nice bluing and mounted in a nicely figured piece of walnut. Not too crazy about fiberglass stocks and stainless steel. Very practical, I know, but I like a bit of the artistic in my weaponry. I love archery and bowhunting, but there are times I get the hankering to 'reach out and touch something.'
Old 01-27-2004, 03:27 PM

i agree completly. i love making that far off shot and just saying wow. i do not like stianless and love walnut especially in 270
Old 01-27-2004, 05:22 PM

I hunt with a riffle, shotgun, and bow. My favorite is the bow. There is no bigger rush than taking a deer with a bow.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well i like shooting because my dad (may he rest in peace) used to teach sharpshooting for SWAT teams and taught me how to shoot it. I am still learning to shoot the bow and i havent had a second though to go back to rifles ever since. Bowhunting is for me now [:-]
And if you are more happy shooting with a rifle then more power to you [:-]
Old 01-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

You changed your original post......................

I love my rifles but I prefer to deer hunt with my bow.....

With a rifle, it's almost like it's a sure thing........with a bow, nothing is a sure thing.

I'd like to get into pistol hunting also.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Aurther P, I was just curious, Do you like to shoot your rifle with or without sights. Just kidding, have a great day!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 PM

Amen Arthur, I know what you mean. I LOVE a nice laminated wood stock, with no flaws and a nice shiney gloss coating, and a great blued barrel.
To me, the looks of the rifle are important. Gotta look good for them deer

Bowhunting is by far my favorite style of hunting, but, just like Arthur, I get the urge to take my rifle out and touch a deer, too bad I havn't shot a deer in like 4 or 5 years with my rifle because I have already got my tags filled or I didn't see any bucks that I wanted to kill.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like rifles, especially bolt action. I just started bowhunting 5 years ago and love it for a number of reasons, but when rifle season opens, I grab the rifle. It adds some variety to the long deer season. I also hunt with the Hawken muzzleloader.

Quick Reply: bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.