Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunters

Old 01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bowhunters

First let me say that we as hunters should all stick together. We have enough with the antis after us than to argue among ourselves. I hunt with rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, handguns and bow (compounds and traditional). And I enjoy it all. I love being in the woods. Bowhunting is a great time to be in the woods. The leaves changing, the bucks getting antsy with the coming of the rut. All of it.
And by the way, I love my .270 too.
Lets stick together
Old 01-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rifles rule

I rifle hunt if I have tags left with both centerfire and flintlock.Although I really get into hunting with my bows,there's alot of tradition going up to deer camp for the rifle opener.I also prefer a nice wooden stocked,blue-barreled bolt-action.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:43 PM

I prefer bowhunting, usually fill the freezer w/elk meat, and then go after muley deer with my 270win., and if that does'nt pan out then I follow up with the late season archery hunts for deer out here in the west, which I may mention I scored on a nice buck!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:32 PM

Bow hunting is what runs through my blood. But I will never sell my rifle. It is my backup.

And as some of the guys said. I just love being able to reach out and touch something. There is nothing like shooting prarri dogs at 500+ yards, with a 20mph cross wind.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:38 PM

And you can hit them critters? Would'nt want to be in your cross hairs![]
Old 01-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to bowhunt and do more bowhunting than anything else. However, i love my rifles too. I don't care for the stainless steel and the synthetic stocks though. I like a blued action and barrel with a nice wood stock. I also don't care for close shots with a rifle, i like long shots and the longer the better. When i'm not shooting my bow or tinkering with archery stuff i'm usually loading bullets and shooting my guns.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

270win! I love my rifle's but I prefer hunting with my bow .The deer get so close and the challenge is totally unbelievable.

nubo
Old 01-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

I do not even own a deer rifle anymore. Not much of a challenge as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:19 AM

I'm not too crazy about rifles but I love a good shotgun. It can be quite difficult to snag a goose with a bow. Ducks too for that matter. There is nothing wrong with rifles, I just prefer to hunt deer with as little advantage as possible within reason. Rifles have a great place in home defense. I'd hate to have to pull out my pse to chase off an intruder but I'm sure I could.

Have you ever tried bow hunting 270. win? Give it a shot and you might just end up hooked like the rest of us.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Well it's like most of you said. I like my bow, I like my rifles, I like my shotguns, and my handguns too. I too fall into the catagory of a woodman. I think wood is warmer to touch, hold, caress, and there isn't much more beautiful than a nice Claro Walnut stock.

Quick Reply: bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.