Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what,s with hoyt & not selling bows >

what,s with hoyt & not selling bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what,s with hoyt & not selling bows

Old 01-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default what,s with hoyt & not selling bows

i was looking to buy a hoyt bow & was wondering why they won,t sell in stores anymore
Old 01-27-2004, 10:28 AM

Default RE: what,s with hoyt & not selling bows

Hoyt was and still is a Pro-Shop only product.

If your local pro-shop has the Hoyt line - they will sell em
Old 01-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to. Within 90 miles of my house there are 4 Hoyt dealers, all are stores. If you are referring to Wal-Marts, BassPro, Cabelas and online sales, Hoyt has never sold through them, at least not the top of the line bows. They are protecting the mom and pop stores that, theoretically have good help in them that know how to set up a bow. They have some reassurance that when you get a bow from one of their proshops you will walk out fit properly and happy. With the discount and mass retail shops the level of bow technicians is oftentimes marginal at best.

For what it is worth, Hoyt is no different than Mathews, and Bowtech in their selling practices, all of the are dealer sales only.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

We have a very lage chain type sporting goods store in the midwest called Scheels and they carry the full line of hoyt bows. I know they are supposed to be a pro shop only and this has puzzled me a little bit. There is a local shop that deals them also and Scheels undercuts him on price. Most of the guys that buy at Scheels end up in the shop to get the bow set up properly as there are no decent tech people at the chain store. It is really a sore spot with the shop owner.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

mez
We have a Scheel's in Billings, Montana. The best thing about buying something at Scheels is your salesman in the bow department can sell you guns, golf clubs, 10-speed pedal bikes, fly rods & tennis shoes.[&:]
What I am saying is when you buy at Scheels do not ask for help. The sales staff is just not trained well enough.[]
If you know exactly what you want, they have a great store to shop at.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are referring to Wal-Marts, BassPro, Cabelas and online sales, Hoyt has never sold through them
Actually Cabela's does sell Hoyts in their stores, but not through the catalog. However, I think your right when you said they don't sell the top of the line models. I have only seen a few Hoyt bows at Cabela's and they sell the ones priced around $320
Old 01-27-2004, 04:35 PM

Here in Georgia you can buy a hoyt magna tec and the mt sport at Gylans Sporting goods, which is a chain store. At least you could last year.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Not a problem here in the mid-west buying a Hoyt! Got one and love the hell out of it!! Wish you luck.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just shot one of there new 04 bows the other day at my local pro shop in croydon PA. Thinking about buying one. nice bow
Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone I was at gander mountain their hoyt bows were on clearance I ask the salesman & he said they were only going to sell on line

Quick Reply: what,s with hoyt & not selling bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.