Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bow

Old 01-25-2004, 08:46 AM

Default new bow

thinking of buying a new mathews lx can some of you folks that have one give me your opinion on it any help would be good. thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 01:04 PM

Default RE: new bow

Awesome bow. I've bought an LX last year and love it! It's all about what fits you and what you like in a bow.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:51 PM

Wrong forum to be asking, lately everybody says mathews is goin down the drain. My opinion honest opinion--Ive heard a lot of good things about the Lx, my uncle bought one and he loves it, he shot a 299 on a 300 point range yesterday.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:37 PM

I really like my legacy over the LX. But, from what i did get when i messed around with the LX was that its a great, well built bow. Make sure you look at the roller on them though. On the LX, the angle isnt as defined as on the legacy, so it sometimes will pop out and go between the wheels. Just be careful of that.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:25 AM

I bought one about 3 wks ago and love it compared to any other bow I have owned over the years. But let me caution you don't try one out unless you are ready to buy because I don't think you will be able to walk out of the shop without one.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:34 AM

Love it, and Mathews is not going down the drain at all!
Old 01-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't go wrong with a Mathew LX! I bought one last year and love it. Killed 4 deer with this year. I use one pin out to 35 yards w/ carbon arrows and grim reapor broadheads....a deadly combo on anything that walks My friend has a legacy, also a terrific bow. Another friend has a Hoyt. Great looking bow and very smooth, I would consider a Hoyt if you don't want a Mathews, but they, IMO, are the best you can get!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:10 PM

I love my LX. I got rid of my MQ1 for it and I said I would never do that. MQ1 was a sweet shooting bow. LX in my opinion was one notch above.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:45 PM

It depends what you like. The LX is great bow, but I shot it side by side with a Legacy and bought the Legacy last year then never looked back.

You might want to wait for the '04 models. Mathews is coming out with a few new bows and the Outback looks sweet.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:47 PM

lately everybody says mathews is goin down the drain.
In every competitor's dreams.

Mathews makes a fine bow, but to know if you prefer it, you need to shoot it and several other comparable bows from other manufacturers.